Help offered for transportation issues

Crazyfool01

Ok so I’ll start … I’ve accommodation available from the sat until the wed 22nd … would be ideal for someone requiring a Taunton bus departure , can also help with parking permits 15 mins walk away … obviously free .. a bit of payback for all the help for the resale 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 7

We have a seat (possibly 2 if you pack light, and don’t mind being caged in by luggage, it’s a Mokka 🙈) leaving Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire on the late afternoon early evening of Tuesday.

Can pick you up at home if you’re close to Derby or Nottingham, and drop you anywhere in the glastonbury area Tuesday evening (we’re not on a tight schedule, we’re booked into glasto premier inn) 

Will ask for nothing but good vibes, and you putting up with my poor taste in music as I play my glasto 2022 playlist all the way down. Will accept contributions to fuel ONLY if you aren’t already out of pocket on the trains!!! 

• Like 4

Travelling down Monday 20th from Northumberland/Newcastle.

Plenty of room in car so if anyone stuck gimme a shout along A1/M1/M18/M42 etc. 

However not going into festival until early am on 21st but could drop someone off in North/central Somerset on the 20th if it's any help. 

1 hour ago, lebenski said:

A mate and I were planning on taking the train from London on the Thursday... can't really go any earlier.  Don't want to go any later.. now what?

A mate in the same position has just bought National Express open return. Bit of a financial hit but better than missing a day.

Travelling from Scotland (Fife area) to Bromsgrove Monday, and Bromsgrove to central Bristol early Tuesday. Plenty of space for a couple of people in car. 
Will be travelling M74/M6/M5 happy to pick up from any services on the way.
As I’m with Shelter this year, I’ll be getting their bus from Bristol, so won’t be able to take anyone all the way to the site.

Summary of help available:
(I'll try and keep these summaries updated to help people see at a glance what might work for them) 

@crazyfool1  Taunton - Accommodation - 18th - 22nd

@Alvoram Derby / Nottingham - Ride x 1-2 - Tuesday 21st (and return if needed)

@THEBOILERMAN Glasgow - Ride x 2 - Tuesday 21st (And Return Tues)

@Copperface Newcastle UT / Northumberland - Ride - Monday 20th

@Tranquility of Solitude Fife / Bromsgrove - Ride to Bristol x 2 - Monday 20th Layover in Bromsgrove / Tuesday 21st Bromsgrove to Bristol

@Lithoniel Wakefield - Ride x 1 - Weds 22nd (and return if needed) 

-----------------------------

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn when I say that I think most of these offers would be open to negotiating a pickup on their route too, I certainly would be... M42 / A38 Derby to Birmingham (Bromsgrove) then M5 through Bristol to Bridgewater then Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

On the outside chance this helps someone, I’m travelling Sunday , Glasgow to Bridgewater, can drop off somewhere near the festival, like Alvoram says can pick up , within reason on route!

M74 > M6 > M5

volunteering with Oxfam hence leaving early

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Summary of help available:
(I'll try and keep these summaries updated to help people see at a glance what might work for them) 

@crazyfool1  Taunton - Accommodation - 18th - 22nd

@Alvoram Derby / Nottingham - Ride x 1-2 - Tuesday 21st (and return if needed)

@THEBOILERMAN Glasgow - Ride x 2 - Tuesday 21st (And Return Tues)

@Copperface Newcastle UT / Northumberland - Ride - Monday 20th

@Tranquility of Solitude Fife / Bromsgrove - Ride to Bristol x 2 - Monday 20th Layover in Bromsgrove / Tuesday 21st Bromsgrove to Bristol

@Lithoniel Wakefield - Ride x 1 - Weds 22nd (and return if needed) 

-----------------------------

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn when I say that I think most of these offers would be open to negotiating a pickup on their route too, I certainly would be... M42 / A38 Derby to Birmingham (Bromsgrove) then M5 through Bristol to Bridgewater then Glastonbury.

Happy to pick up on route,  M74-M6-M5

I’m driving down from Macclesfield to Bridgwater late (departing around 10pm) on Tuesday - staying at a hotel in Bridgwater before heading over to the festival early Weds morning.

I’ll have room for one, maybe two at a squeeze and more than happy to pick up somewhere not too far off the motorway, will be going M6 > M5.

I don’t think I can realistically detour all the way to Glastonbury/Pilton itself on the Tuesday night, otherwise I won’t get any sleep - but could drop off in Bristol if that helps anyone?  

1 hour ago, Pateen said:

Looking for a place for two from London the 27th and back on Monday.

Parking, petrol + extras (effort and tip) covered.

PM me 

Driving to glasto and back on the same day? 🙂

I just posted this in the lift share page but I can possibly help with the following....

Hi, I have one space available (possibly 2 at a squeeze if you're travelling light!) to join a friend and I on our journey. However I have a caravan pass so we'll be heading down Tuesday morning and you would need to camp in the campervan field with us on Tuesday night before you can get into the main campsites on the Wednesday. 🤣 Could be fun! You might even get a home cooked meal on that first night if we like you!

Collection and drop off from any service station or location easily accessible on our route which includes: A12 / M25 / M3 / A303. Leaving early hours Monday morning to come home (hopefully).

Open to offers on fuel contribution. Must have a sunny disposition like us and up for car karaoke 😎🤣

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I just posted this in the lift share page but I can possibly help with the following....

Hi, I have one space available (possibly 2 at a squeeze if you're travelling light!) to join a friend and I on our journey. However I have a caravan pass so we'll be heading down Tuesday morning and you would need to camp in the campervan field with us on Tuesday night before you can get into the main campsites on the Wednesday. 🤣 Could be fun! You might even get a home cooked meal on that first night if we like you!

Collection and drop off from any service station or location easily accessible on our route which includes: A12 / M25 / M3 / A303. Leaving early hours Monday morning (hopefully).

Open to offers on fuel contribution. Must have a sunny disposition like us and up for car karaoke 😎🤣

Sounds amazing.  What an offer.  Wrong part of the country for me but hopefully someone will take you up on this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Sounds amazing.  What an offer.  Wrong part of the country for me but hopefully someone will take you up on this

Thanks. We've got a lovely quirky little set up so happy to be hospitable and offer a little bit of luxury (as far as Glastonbury goes that is) for the afternoon/evening before the festival kicks in. Might even throw in breakfast and a cuppa haha 🤣 they won't wanna leave. Lol

Driving from London, SE1, Tuesday 21st. Leaving around 12ish. 2 possibly 3 seats but I will have a trolley full of beer to put in the car (Citroen cactus) but no other significant luggage. Driving to Shepton but can drop at festival. Or nearby. I don't want any money, doing the drive anyway. Happy to pick up on the way but don't want a significant detour. Going past M3, A303 way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mich1268 said:

Driving from London, SE1, Tuesday 21st. Leaving around 12ish. 2 possibly 3 seats but I will have a trolley full of beer to put in the car (Citroen cactus) but no other significant luggage. Driving to Shepton but can drop at festival. Or nearby. I don't want any money, doing the drive anyway. Happy to pick up on the way but don't want a significant detour. Going past M3, A303 way. 

Great stuff … this must be an option for someone surely