Rail Strikes announced

THEBOILERMAN

3 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Just so people are clear on dates

Sat 18th June: big protests in London

Tues 21st June: Tube Walkout

Tues 21st, Thurs 23rd, Sat 25th June: National Rail strike 

So my first day in London ill have to navigate protests? Ugggh.

Would totally take the Jubilee over that.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

So my first day in London ill have to navigate protests? Ugggh.

Would totally take the Jubilee over that.

Not just protests, could be the biggest protests/ demonstrations ever in the capital. Its the "We Demand Better" rally, basically against everything, fire and rehire, P&O, cost of living, partygate etc etc etc

47 minutes ago, Harry Bennett said:

From this BBC article (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61573206) its all the operators below (key two being SWR and GWR which serve Castle Cary). There will also be a walkout on the London Underground on Tuesday 21st.

• Chiltern Railways
  • Cross Country Trains
  • Greater Anglia
  • LNER
  • East Midlands Railway
  • c2c
  • Great Western Railway
  • Northern Trains
  • South Eastern Railway
  • South Western Railway
  • TransPennine Express
  • Avanti West Coast
  • West Midlands Trains.

it’s also Network Rail staff, who operate most of the major stations nationwide (that’s me) 👋 

9 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Just so people are clear on dates

Sat 18th June: big protests in London

Tues 21st June: Tube Walkout

Tues 21st, Thurs 23rd, Sat 25th June: National Rail strike 

Okay so people traveling on Wednesday. To get to places for Thursday or the festival are fine.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Okay so people traveling on Wednesday. To get to places for Thursday or the festival are fine.

Should be, Glasto wednesday will have been purposely avoided. There are still due to be extra trains/ services that day, although i would expect some possible cancelations due to trains/ crew being in the wrong places  

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The potential hiccup is cancellations/delays/other issues on Wednesday due to the back log on Tuesday as well as trains not being in the right places, etc. 

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Very much TBC but logic dictates that the days around the strike may well resemble a Sunday service. At the very least services will almost certainly start slightly late and finish slightly early on the Wednesday.  

And of course any services that do run on Wednesday will be busier than usual due to people having difficulty travelling on the Tuesday and Thursday. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Supposed to be travelling down from Edinburgh on the Tuesday morning 😭

When we finally do get on the farm it will taste even sweeter. They’ve really thrown it all at us eh. 

Who knows about this kinda shit? Is a deal likely to be struck? Will it actually happen or is it really the case anyone planning to use a train on Tuesday should really look at other means and ways immediately? 

Edited by TaylorT

Just now, TaylorT said:

When we finally do get on the farm it will taste even sweeter. They’ve really thrown it all at us eh. 

Who knows about this kinda shit? Is a deal likely to be struck? Will it actually happen or is it really the case anyone planning to use a train on Tuesday should really look at other means and ways immediately? 

It was supposed to be a negotiating tactic, but the fact they’ve skipped straight past an overtime ban and gone straight for the jugular is pretty bad news. 

Just now, zahidf said:

Absokute dickheads. Ruining the festival plans for 10s of thousands of people. Hope they break the union 

I'll make sure to let the families of my colleges who died from Covid while being "Key Workers" know how inconvenient it is for you. 

35 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

As horrible as strikes are for everyone

You CANNOT be called a "Key Worker" one day, then have your job threatened the next

Support the strike

Fuck the bosses ruining a festival because they won't support workers with job security and decent pay.

2 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

We have a self-drive minibus +van going down from Glasgow on the Tuesday with 2 spare seats 🙂 

13 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Not just protests, could be the biggest protests/ demonstrations ever in the capital. Its the "We Demand Better" rally, basically against everything, fire and rehire, P&O, cost of living, partygate etc etc etc

Well its  time to plan accordingly, or just stay home.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It was supposed to be a negotiating tactic, but the fact they’ve skipped straight past an overtime ban and gone straight for the jugular is pretty bad news. 

That does not sound like the news anyone wants to hear then. Shit balls.

This has pissed right on our campfire and with only 2 weeks to go man 😭

3 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

We have a self-drive minibus +van going down from Glasgow on the Tuesday with 2 spare seats 🙂 

Thank you so much for the generous offer but got another 15 mates as well taking train on Tuesday so unless we can sit on the roof 😂 

Thinking of now going down Monday 20th but just in that state thinking surely a deal will be struck. 

41 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Not been here in awhile but I'm also fucked.

Traveling from Essex on Tuesday. Through London. Partner needs to get to bath on Wednesday for early Thursday.

Me and my mate are coming from Colchester and booked into Bath on the 21st to get a coach on the Wednesday morning. Maybe if there's enough of us we can all get a cab? 

3 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I need to get to Bath from London on the 21st. So what's my options now? (Coming from overseas btw)

The mainline (Bristol TM, Bath, Chippenham, Swindon, Didcot, Reading, London Padd) should still have some services, but not a guarantee. 

Coach: Megabus or National Express

OR go Monday 20th if possible

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

There’s quite a few coaches on the national express website to book, just did a quick check for the Tuesday.

Journey planner if it helps https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/offers/cheap-coach-tickets

I would absolutely book coaches TODAY. 

They'll be gone pretty quick there will still be some services

"The BBC understands the action will leave around a fifth of mainline rail services running on the strike days, with the majority operating for a maximum of 12 hours."