Rail Strikes announced

THEBOILERMAN

Last night I just booked a ticket to travel on Thursday 23rd, thinking strikes were being put off for a while.

For anyone in the same position this is from Transpennine Express:

"If you are unable to complete your planned journey or choose not to travel due to industrial action, your ticket will be valid for travel on the preceding or following day."

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Where are you traveling from?

Bristol. So not far, luckily but no direct buses to the site on the Tuesday other than the Castle Cary shuttle.

Just spoke to my partner though, & he'll take the day off and drive me down if all else fails.

Do we think there’s any chance for those on Thursday coaches they’ll give you the opportunity to get your ticket at the box office and drive down instead given lots of people won’t be able to get to their coach? Wouldn’t expect a refund but can see it being a pain in the arse for loads of people, especially given they’ll have all their bags and tents with them

13 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Where do you see morning of 22nd? I just see 21st.

45 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Tube strike also on the 21st, so those trying for early morning Wednesday coaches from the O2 are also buggered. The last strike meant no tubes the following day until 8:00am.

Guys at work today didn't get in until 10:00 instead of 8:00

46 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Tube strike also on the 21st, so those trying for early morning Wednesday coaches from the O2 are also buggered. The last strike meant no tubes the following day until 8:00am.

There were plenty of tubes this morning before 8am, just warned not to expect a full service before that time.

There will be trains on these days, the rail companies have been training up management staff to step in for months, but service will be massively reduced. Only aim to use trains as an absolute last resort on these days.

All that is required to push the strike back is a guarantee of job security for key workers. Lets all hope common sense prevails.