Rail Strikes announced

THEBOILERMAN

Just now, THEBOILERMAN said:

Looks like rail strikes have been announced for 21st 23rd and 25th of June 

Right, well in that case, if anybody travelling down from Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire on the 21st was relying on trains, I can offer a seat (or 2 depending how much luggage you have) down on the Tuesday. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry Bennett said:

Misses the initial Wednesday rush (22nd), but got to assume trains will be in the wrong place from the strike on day before.

And I expect most who planned to travel on Thursday will now switch to Wednesday or Friday.

Loads more cars as well.

But... Announcing it now is likely to be a bargaining tactic, so there's a decent chance the strike will be called off before it occurs.

Ok so we need to try and offer some kind of help here if we can … I can offer accommodation on the Tue night for any wed Taunton coach departures … don’t know if this might need a separate thread … ? Edit Taunton 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

But... Announcing it now is likely to be a bargaining tactic, so there's a decent chance the strike will be called off before it occurs.

This. They’re basically threatening an entire working week, given it’ll throw the business days remaining into chaos to accommodate the strike. This is pure posturing to gain a negotiation advantage. 

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

And I expect most who planned to travel on Thursday will now switch to Wednesday or Friday.

Loads more cars as well.

From all I've read on it, this strike is definitely happening. Not remotely close to a resolution.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This. They’re basically threatening an entire working week, given it’ll throw the business days remaining into chaos to accommodate the strike. This is pure posturing to gain a negotiation advantage. 

Hopefully puts some pressure on to give them a decent pay deal! 

I assume it'll be similar to tube strikes where the next day is mostly written off as well whilst things are moved around.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok so we need to try and offer some kind of help here if we can … I can offer accommodation on the Tue night for any wed Taunton coach departures … don’t know if this might need a separate thread … ? Edit Taunton 

If you setup a separate thread please post a link here.

on the bar until 11 now so will struggle to keep up.

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Is this nation wide or just certain lines?

From this BBC article (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61573206) its all the operators below (key two being SWR and GWR which serve Castle Cary). There will also be a walkout on the London Underground on Tuesday 21st.

• Chiltern Railways
  • Cross Country Trains
  • Greater Anglia
  • LNER
  • East Midlands Railway
  • c2c
  • Great Western Railway
  • Northern Trains
  • South Eastern Railway
  • South Western Railway
  • TransPennine Express
  • Avanti West Coast