Slam Dunk Festival 2023

The Gaslight Anthem would be lovely, but might depend whether they sign up for the full European festival run next summer.

That said, would be staggered if they weren't in the conversation to sub Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at TW Classic, given he and Brian Fallon clearly have some kind of friendship.

5 hours ago, foolee said:

The Offspring have just announced a European arena tour ending on 25th May in France with no UK date, surely a stick on to headline next year? 

They could just be doing Download again, but 2.5 weeks after that date is a bit strange. The Offspring and Rancid to headline.

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yep, that looks like The Offspring.

The shows at the back end of last year (I think?) were great fun, if also among the shortest headline gig I can ever remember seeing at an arena.

All we need now is for Slam Dunk to have pinched The Distillers as well to sub the Jagermeister stage before these play main stage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

All we need now is for Slam Dunk to have pinched The Distillers as well to sub the Jagermeister stage before these play main stage.

Tasty. Very tasty.

Would still fancy The Gaslight Anthem, but the more I think about it, very much a band who will figure better at their own shows.

On 7/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, justanothername said:

Fireworks been getting fairly active again recently with them teasing their new album to be released this year and now touring again with The Wonder Years. They've surely got to play next year.

saw this before and thought a return to sdf would be good !

higher lonely power must be due release this year (must be ready as was meant to come out in 2020) 

Edited by theshapeofpunktocome123

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Four Year Strong doing Rise or Die Trying in full in the US at the end of the year. I can see them doing that over here at Slam Dunk

Enemy Of The World, isn’t it? Either way, it would be sick.

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Enemy Of The World, isn’t it? Either way, it would be sick.

Yeah it's Enemy of the World. No idea why I said Rise or Die Trying, my brain has stopped working. They might actually do a tour for it over here like they did for Rise or Die Trying (I went and it was sick) but given that they've pulled out of 2 Slam Dunks I reckon they'll be back next year and this just seems like the perfect place for these anniversary shows.

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

I just want NOFX to be gone for years. To say I've had my fill of them would be an understatement.

The Offspring tick my festival boxes so would be an excellent headliner IMO. Plenty of jumping and singing and stuff. All I really want or need right there. Any chance of Rise Against here?

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I just want NOFX to be gone for years. To say I've had my fill of them would be an understatement.

The Offspring tick my festival boxes so would be an excellent headliner IMO. Plenty of jumping and singing and stuff. All I really want or need right there. Any chance of Rise Against here?

I'd love Rise Against, argue they could headline a stage (or maybe sub The Offspring?)

Edited by Pottsy2913