Slam Dunk Festival 2023

you know the drill, the 2022 fest is done, predictions for 2023 commence 

I feel like ADTR owe them a show still, I reckon' they could easily be a headliner (not a fan of them anymore myself but I think they'll be in the running)

Do you think Weezer would ever play Slam Dunk? I'd love to see them there one year

1 minute ago, sacred shape said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Weezer. Seeing them at Hella Mega and excited for them, but anytime I listen to them I want to turn them off

My 2023 predictions: Headliners = Rise Against & Frank Carter, and BMTH to do what YMAS did this year

Ooooh, BMTH did tease more Malta style curated headline events, reckon' that's a good shout! 

Rise Against just dropped a new song so they could very well be on the circuit next year, idk if they'd be a main headliner though? I guess if Sum 41 can headline so can Rise Against to be fair

I'd love them to get Flogging Molly on the punk stage next year, and I long for the return of Zebrahead, can't believe they didn't play this year!

Also, my Crossfaith boys are due back soon for sure

Feel like the headliner will be one of Frank Carter, ADTR, All Time Low, Limp Bizkit, Rise Against (although they could probably sub), The Offspring, Rancid, Turnstile or Avril Lavigne. Could Architects do it? My choice would be Limp Bizkit. But would be happy with Turnstile, Avril or The Offspring as well. Would love Weezer but not sure they fit the bill. 

I'd also like to see Billy Talent, While She Sleeps, FFAF, Death Blooms and Higher Power booked. 

Edited by foolee

Got bored in work 

Dickies 
Rise Against
Flogging Molly
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes
The Skints
Goldfinger
Lightyear 
Random Hand
The Barstool Preachers

Amazon
Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes 
Turnstile
Funeral For A Friend 'Causally Deep' 
Basement
Marmozets
Angel Du$t
Higher Power
Crashface

Jagermister
Architects 
The Ghost Inside
Stray From The Path
Spiritbox
Bleed From Within
Malevolence 
Holding Abscene 
Static Dress

Rock Sound Stage
Simple Plan
Creeper
PUP
Real Friends
Spanish Love Songs
Joyce Manor
Cold Years
Salem

Key Club Left/Right
Maggie Lindemann
Dinosaur Pile-Up 
WSTR
Puppy
No Pressure
Hevenshe
Bayside
Be Well
Dude Trips
Bad Nerves
Say It Anyway
Raiders

They better get Rancid. 

The main things I want besides Rancid is for the hardcore stage to step up their game as I thought the stage overall was poor this year, one or two names you wouldn't suspect but are pleasantly surprised by like Tropical Fuck Storm, Primus or Violent Femmes and a stack of awesome small bands I don't know so I can say afterwards "I never heard of them before but they were really fucking good".

• Upvote 1

My wishlist/predictions at whatever stage:

- Charlotte Sands (I'd be surprised if she isn't being fought over next year for every festival, having both a pretty safe and growing tiktok following and live following)

- Pale Waves

- Bearings

- Young Culture

- As Everything Unfolds

- Arrows in Action

- Kids in Glass Houses (reunion)

- Bilmuri

- Real Friends

- Trophy Eyes

- WSTR

- LOLO

- Concrete Castles

I'm completely lost when it comes to the poppier stuff (I still can't tell the difference between a few typical Slam Dunk bands like All Time Low and YM@6 lol) but I'd like to see The Gaslight Anthem, Parkway Drive and Rancid be the main headliners next year even if it does give me a ball ache of a clash.

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Got bored in work 

Dickies 
Rise Against
Flogging Molly
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes
The Skints
Goldfinger
Lightyear 
Random Hand
The Barstool Preachers

Amazon
Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes 
Turnstile
Funeral For A Friend 'Causally Deep' 
Basement
Marmozets
Angel Du$t
Higher Power
Crashface

Jagermister
Architects 
The Ghost Inside
Stray From The Path
Spiritbox
Bleed From Within
Malevolence 
Holding Abscene 
Static Dress

Rock Sound Stage
Simple Plan
Creeper
PUP
Real Friends
Spanish Love Songs
Joyce Manor
Cold Years
Salem

Key Club Left/Right
Maggie Lindemann
Dinosaur Pile-Up 
WSTR
Puppy
No Pressure
Hevenshe
Bayside
Be Well
Dude Trips
Bad Nerves
Say It Anyway
Raiders

That's a weak dickies lineup. But ADTR, Rancid, Rise Against is my guess.

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Surprised they didn't already announced the dates? You'd presume it'll just be the Saturday and Sunday next year.

Yeah it’s usually May bank holiday weekend so think it’ll be back at the end of May again, that way they won’t clash with Rock Am Ring either as I assume they lost Billy Talent this year due to that. 

Wouldn’t mind them booking The Linda Linda’s as well, fairly decent new  pop punk act. 

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah it’s usually May bank holiday weekend so think it’ll be back at the end of May again, that way they won’t clash with Rock Am Ring either as I assume they lost Billy Talent this year due to that. 

Wouldn’t mind them booking The Linda Linda’s as well, fairly decent new  pop punk act. 

I'm seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs tonight otherwise I'd be going to The Linda Lindas gig. It's fucking bonkers one of them is 11!

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Them not announcing it already makes me wonder if they're finally gonna do both days at both sites Reading and Leeds style switching line up. Would stop such horrendous clashes.

It’s got to be coming, hasn’t it. 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Them not announcing it already makes me wonder if they're finally gonna do both days at both sites Reading and Leeds style switching line up. Would stop such horrendous clashes.

I doubt it. Reading is only one day at each site, there just happens to be 3 days of music instead of 1. There is always going to be clashes. My biggest clash this year by far was the shitty bar wifi. I could see a two day festival but still only going to get 1 day in each place of both bands. It is still only 28k people. You wouldn't go to a Reading day and a Leeds day would you unless it worked out that way for your two best days.

Edited by thewayiam