John Peel Stage 2022

stuie

Girlfriend wants to see Sigrid, so will be there after Conman.

If I'm not too tired/can wake up in time, I'm very tempted to see Go_A. Ukraine's true Eurovision winners in my eyes. 

TBA would have to be Arctic Monkeys or Green Day, nothing else that's been rumoured could really persuade us I feel. 

Only know two Little Dragon songs, not enough to get us to go there. 

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but does anyone what sort of set Primal Scream are going to be playing? They've done a few Screamadelica sets so far this year (with more to come), but Glasto isn't listed as being that as far as I can tell.

Apparently it is not a Screamadelica set, although I am sure it will feature heavily

• Upvote 1

I think Just Mustard are the only act I might see on JP this year which is a real shame.

I might miss Ishmael Ensemble for them just to get my fix of the stage. Probably tie it in with a walk through the woods and a lagerita from San Remo (assuming they still do them).

Sorry, but I don't think the TBC is going to be someone massive like Green Day. When The Killers were a John Peel TBC in 2018 it was a much later slot (~6pm). Previously The Kooks did a TBC about that time slot, so someone of that ilk.

I think Paolo Nutini is a good shout, although I may be underestimating his popularity.

Edited by tazbang

1 hour ago, tazbang said:

Sorry, but I don't think the TBC is going to be someone massive like Green Day. When The Killers were a John Peel TBC in 2018 it was a much later slot (~6pm). Previously The Kooks did a TBC about that time slot, so someone of that ilk.

I think Paolo Nutini is a good shout, although I may be underestimating his popularity.

Sorry, meant 2017 for the The Killers JPT TBC

This stage will probably end up being my home from home this weekend - the run of acts from Griff to Phoebe Bridgers is perfect for me, then will be popping back to catch Go_A, Holly Humberstone, Beebadoobee on Sat and Clairo and Charli XCX on Sun - if I don't get distracted by other acts, that is...

1 hour ago, tazbang said:

That’s a good point. We’ve all gotten a bit caught up in the likes of The Killers, Radiohead, Pulp etc being previous secret sets and forgot about them also having slightly smaller/less spectacular acts do it in the past. I’d expect the Park secret set will still be a big/headliner sized act due to it being later in the day, but the John Peel one may end up leaving people expecting a ginormous act a bit disappointed, or at least those silly enough to not have checked socials etc where it’ll definitely leak beforehand.

The whole concept of going to a secret gig without being pretty sure who it's going to be is baffling to me.  Imagine elbowing yourself to the front, only to hear the announcer go "and now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Fratellis"

Just now, uscore said:

The whole concept of going to a secret gig without being pretty sure who it's going to be is baffling to me.  Imagine elbowing yourself to the front, only to hear the announcer go "and now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Fratellis"

I went with people in ‘17 who just would not believe that The Killers were the secret set. They came with me regardless, but until the banner dropped/band came out they really didn’t believe that a band like The Killers would be doing it, and weren’t really aware of how they’d even go about checking. Sounds strange to us lot but some people just aren’t at all clued up on this kind of stuff (and it’s not like they were old people who weren’t social media savvy - all mid 20’s). 

19 minutes ago, Liv_October said:

This stage will probably end up being my home from home this weekend - the run of acts from Griff to Phoebe Bridgers is perfect for me, then will be popping back to catch Go_A, Holly Humberstone, Beebadoobee on Sat and Clairo and Charli XCX on Sun - if I don't get distracted by other acts, that is...

Me too.

Fri: BBCC and Griff, ducking out during Inhaler for Crowded House next door, then back for GiR -> Sigrid -> PFB.

Sat: HH -> Self Esteem -> Beabadoobee

Sun: Probably do Just Mustard -> Sports Team -> TBC, Turnstile if the Park TBC is no good, and CXCX final headliner.

• Upvote 1