John Peel Stage 2022

stuie

Not masses in JPT for me this year. Inhaler, Baebadoobee, Self Esteem, Amyl and Sports Team the only ones, and of those I'd say Amyl is the only one I really want to make a beeline for. All good though, plenty elsewhere etc and sounds like it's a lineup to make other people happy!

4 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Would people say it's relatively easy to get inside the tent for a headline set if you're there a few minutes early? Hoping to catch Primal Scream but might be coming in shortly before they start.

I have never had an issue on the right side as you look at the stage. Seen about 3 maybe 4 headliners there. 

Edited by fred quimby

2 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Would people say it's relatively easy to get inside the tent for a headline set if you're there a few minutes early? Hoping to catch Primal Scream but might be coming in shortly before they start.

Hard to say. I got there quite last minute last time for Streets and got in at the side on the right as you look at the stage, but it was filling up pretty quickly from behind. Not sure how much of a big draw Scream will be, depends on what they're up against.

tl;dr you'll be taking a chance the later you go but might be OK

1 minute ago, TownesMR said:

Against Billie, Foals, Simz, Four Tet, I think Scream might be slightly under attended, but not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, there's something for everyone there. You've got Heaton & Abbott in the Acoustic that'll draw quite a decent crowd as well. The only potential challenge is quite a big crossover between Jesus & Mary Chain and Primal Scream, so there might not be the exodus that can make space between a sub and headliner.

I reckon you'll be OK though.

Looks a reasonable line up to me.  Sadly not many I'm particularly interested in which is a shame because I usually spend a fair bit of time at the JP.  But that frees me up to explore other areas of the festival 🙂 

Is it me or are there more solo artists on the bill (overall, not just JP)  than usual?  My general rule is Bands > Solo Acts.    

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

She was very good last time, but this year she's in the middle of a clash pile and her new album hasn't grabbed me the way the first one did so she's a scheduling casualty. Should be good fun though!

Agreed on the new album - its above average, but not to the standard of her last one.  I will definitely be there though - funnily enough I am the opposite to you - she's in a relatively clash free zone for me.  I will be Wolf Alice > Sigrid > Sam Fender.  Good times 

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, there's something for everyone there. You've got Heaton & Abbott in the Acoustic that'll draw quite a decent crowd as well. The only potential challenge is quite a big crossover between Jesus & Mary Chain and Primal Scream, so there might not be the exodus that can make space between a sub and headliner.

I reckon you'll be OK though.

For Phoenix and Interpol at the last couple of festivals (probably fairly similar size to PS), there has been plenty of space in the tent. 

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Agreed on the new album - its above average, but not to the standard of her last one.  I will definitely be there though - funnily enough I am the opposite to you - she's in a relatively clash free zone for me.  I will be Wolf Alice > Sigrid > Sam Fender.  Good times 

Up against Plant & Krauss, IDLES, Arlo Parks, Hothouse Flowers, Yard Act and Dub Pistols all at about the same time.

That late afternoon / early evening on Friday is my worst clash spot of the weekend.

I could quite happily spend my Friday in the JP - Griff > Inhaler > Girl In Red > Sigrid > Phoebe Bridgers.  The only thing  breaking that run for me is Wolf Alice, and then my worst clash of the weekend - Phoebe vs Sam.  Was thinking of watching a bit of Phoebe, but probably best to not torture myself as it may be hard to leave.  Best just to make a beeline for the Pyramid after Sigrid to get a good spot for Sam Fender.

Just now, Quark said:

I saw Griff supporting Dua Lipa a few weeks ago and she was bloody good. You're in for a pop treat!

I hope so - watched her 1 big weekend set on iplayer and thought she was very good.

Just realised I am going to be spending a good part of my first music day at Glasto stood in a bloody tent 🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not masses in JPT for me this year. Inhaler, Baebadoobee, Self Esteem, Amyl and Sports Team the only ones, and of those I'd say Amyl is the only one I really want to make a beeline for. All good though, plenty elsewhere etc and sounds like it's a lineup to make other people happy!

Amyl gonna be busy I'd say. 10k making a bee line after Di-Ro