Getting in with someone else's ticket.

ringRiff

4 hours ago, Yorkshire Chomper said:

My picture on the ticket is 4 years old and the pandemic hasn't been kind to me.  Expecting to be (mildly) challenged.

Mine is 12 years old, and from a nightclub. Just never bothered changing it.

I haven't changed a great deal in fairness, they do tend to double take though. May actually change it after this one

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Mine is 12 years old, and from a nightclub. Just never bothered changing it.

I haven't changed a great deal in fairness, they do tend to double take though. May actually change it after this one

I had to change mine when the scrutiny got boring coming in from CV East every day. 

Just now, Kizzie said:

I had to change mine when the scrutiny got boring coming in from CV East every day. 

I suspect that's what I'll encounter this time, it's my first time in CV East. Probably should have changed it actually 😄

12 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Does the CV field not just use writstbands, or do they verify your ticket every time? I've not stayed there before.

You have to show your ticket stub which is checked under a light to stop forgeries when entering and leaving the festival. . They will also check you are the person on the ticket and will ask for sunglasses and hats to be removed if in doubt. You have your wristband tugged, and on re-entering you hand in a pass out that you are given when you leave the festival. It's pretty thorough! 

Edited by StoneCircle

13 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

You have to show your ticket stub which is checked under a light to stop forgeries when entering and leaving the festival. . They will also check you are the person on the ticket and will ask for sunglasses and hats to be removed if in doubt. You have your wristband tugged, and on re-entering you hand in a pass out that you are given when you leave the festival. It's pretty thorough! 

Jeez, something to look forward to..

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Jeez, something to look forward to..

Be very careful not to lose your ticket. It can take a couple of hours to sort all the checks out before they can double wristband you, which acts as your ticket from then on. 

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Be very careful not to lose your ticket. It can take a couple of hours to sort all the checks out before they can double wristband you, which acts as your ticket from then on. 

Yeah, it's more the picture being an old that concerns me tbh. I can get out other ID/bring up social media etc if it comes to it, just needless hassle. Definitely changing it when I get back this time

There are going to be a lot of older "I've seen some shit since then" faces going through the gates this year. I suspect the chances of blagging it on someone else's ticket will be better, but it will all come down to how confident you are.

16 hours ago, mufcok said:

Yeah, it's more the picture being an old that concerns me tbh. I can get out other ID/bring up social media etc if it comes to it, just needless hassle. Definitely changing it when I get back this time

It's going to be the new normal this year. I went into lockdown with a skin fade and a couple of days stubble and came out two years later looking like this lad.

73d79afd9509fb251ba3bae70493684e.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:10 AM, beefykoala said:

There are going to be a lot of older "I've seen some shit since then" faces going through the gates this year. I suspect the chances of blagging it on someone else's ticket will be better, but it will all come down to how confident you are.

One lads plan fell apart in 2019 - he had it all figured out, matching stubble, sunglasses and a hat to mask his look.  Asked what the postcode was on the ticket, said “can’t remember” and was handed over to security 😂.

Why wouldn’t you memorise the details on the ticket? 

It's usually Oxfam staff checking tickets and handing out wristbands! They're all just festival goers the same as you but working a 10 hour shift in the middle! 
I worked a Ped Gate in 2013 and we were all told check and if unsure ask for ID. You might have to pass more than one checker on your way in so just stay nice, be polite and don't lose your shit and you'll probably be fine! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, BambooShanks said:

I've heard (and seen myself) more stories of people getting in on other people's tickets than I've heard stories of the opposite.

If you're arriving at a busy time, then you'll be fine as the busier the gates are, the less time/inclination they will have to scrutinise your ticket and just want to keep the queue moving.

Is about 8am on Thursday a busy time?

I refused one on my gate because it was just blatantly not them; they didn’t have any ID or even know their address on the ticket! So if you’re going to try blag it at least do some ground work. I refused because basically my theory I was volunteering because I didn’t get a ticket so why is it fair to the system to let people who pay ££ to get in. The touts will have an absolute field day the more confident people get that the checks are not worth anything.

• Upvote 3

With the registration taking place 3 years ago you could always claim you look different because you've aged. Unless you look younger then just say you've had work done. Suppose you could even get in on a different gender's ticket and go for the trans angle.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, Havors said:

The trick is everyone using really shit pictures on your profile and then when they print on the ticket they could be anyone really haha the quality of the print is not good 

The quality of the photo on the ticket looks much  higher this year to me.