Glastonbury watt 3 words locations

Crazyfool01

And doesn't what 3 words work on a 3x3m area? So if you went to meet your mate at pipeline.hacksaw.adventure would they be covered in bruises, handcuffed and being carted off the pyramid stage by security?

Edited by Cooter

Going to use this for the car park. I always think look at your surroundings, make mental notes of trees and anything noticeable that won't move. In reality its park up, straight out and get your gear on as soon as possible and head to the gate. Could also be handy for your tent, especially if you are one of the first in a field so no other memorable tents around  

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Going to use this for the car park. I always think look at your surroundings, make mental notes of trees and anything noticeable that won't move. In reality its park up, straight out and get your gear on as soon as possible and head to the gate. Could also be handy for your tent, especially if you are one of the first in a field so no other memorable tents around  

This is what I thought when I had to take the car in 2016, but we arrived in the dark and the field was relatively empty.  Fortunately my son had the foresight to drop a pin on the map on the Glasto app. Good job as I'd have been looking in the wrong field without it!

Planning to use it to meet up with friends at different stage or find their tents(we are camping seperately).  Although takes a bit of the fun out of using the flags, especially when a flag moves! 

I won't however  be using it as a map to get around the site with the arbitrary three words set out above.  Waste of battery when you can use your handy lanyard map.  I do hope they are still doing the lanyards... so handy!

28 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Helpful for the crew bars as it gives you a general location. Always curious about how accurate the GPS is on the map, so whether you're actually in the area or not.

if you're outside and can see the sky, GPS will always be accurate, it doesn't use any mobile networks or data.

43 minutes ago, paulshane said:

if you're outside and can see the sky, GPS will always be accurate, it doesn't use any mobile networks or data.

Even on your phone? It gives you a little circle of where you probably are, but in somewhere like Glastonbury that could be 1,000 people.

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Even on your phone? It gives you a little circle of where you probably are, but in somewhere like Glastonbury that could be 1,000 people.

yes, even on your phone. WhatThreeWords uses GPS to tell you which 3 meter square you are in, if there are 1000 people within three meters of you, then I suspect you are having bigger issues that telling other people where ou are.

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yes, even on your phone. WhatThreeWords uses GPS to tell you which 3 meter square you are in, if there are 1000 people within three meters of you, then I suspect you are having bigger issues that telling other people where ou are.

I've just opened the app 5 times and have gotten five different results for where I am, and like I said earlier there's another smaller circle around my "location" that's usually the range of uncertainty (it's probably about 15m in diameter).

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

It could help find someone in the Pyramid field if they use the what3words app to find their exact location. Similarly to direct someone to your tent or campervan. 

It was perfect for that last time… managed to use it to meet up with rest of our lot at a packed pyramid! 

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I've just opened the app 5 times and have gotten five different results for where I am, and like I said earlier there's another smaller circle around my "location" that's usually the range of uncertainty (it's probably about 15m in diameter).

sounds like you need a new phone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

GPS signals will be weaker when more people are in the vicinity. You’ll be able to get to the right part of the field but not right to the spot you want to be at. 

GPS is literally radio, it's not affected by the amount of people near you.

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Maybe there are obstacles around you that could affect accuracy? 

15 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Using it for precise location (3mx3m) or getting them close enough to be able to find themselves (e.g. within 4 w3w "boxes")?

I’d imagine when close the incident become obvious … but that would also be the case for locating friends … mine is pyramid.stage.hat … it should work