What sets will be more rammed this year?

AlexOvd

On 6/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, nikkic said:

Agree with most of this, although I reckon Four Tet will have the biggest Park crowd.

I would agree if it was Four Tet's only set of the weekend. I reckon a lot of people will be looking to catch him another time.

12 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

Overmono on IICON might be the largest crowed in that field ever.

Yup, I'm hoping to be there for that (nervous about making it from the park though) and then probably also the night after for Floating Points. 

Barely spent any time there in 2019 despite how cool it looked. 

i recall the general consensus on efests that Super Furrys on the Park would be 'dangerously busy' in 2015 and it was pretty empty. i think it highlights how much this forum forgets about general pop popularity. 

I'd put my entire mortgage on Sam Fender being the biggest non headliner crowd. I was shocked so many stage predictions had him on the other stage tbh.

*edit aside from Diana Ross obvs. 

Edited by Cuboid
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

i recall the general consensus on efests that Super Furrys on the Park would be 'dangerously busy' in 2015 and it was pretty empty. i think it highlights how much this forum forgets about general pop popularity. 

I'd put my entire mortgage on Sam Fender being the biggest non headliner crowd. I was shocked so many stage predictions had him on the other stage tbh.

Yep for this reason I think Billie Eilish will be bigger than Efestivals thinks as well and Kendrick lower than we think. 

10 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Quite comfortably, in my view.

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep for this reason I think Billie Eilish will be bigger than Efestivals thinks as well and Kendrick lower than we think. 

Aye. And there's absolutely zero chance Olivia Rodrigo has a bigger crowd than Noel for the exact reason. I'd rather S**t in my hands and clap than watch Noel, but people basing themselves at the pyramid is always a factor vs the other stage especially when Macca is on straight after. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Doubt it. I think the crowd of the Friday will be Foals on Other and tons of people will move there after Sam. Just my feeling.

46 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I would agree if it was Four Tet's only set of the weekend. I reckon a lot of people will be looking to catch him another time.

Yeah fair.

I want to see a DJ set rather than live one, so will probably go with the Arcadia or Funkingham Palace one.

32 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Doubt it. I think the crowd of the Friday will be Foals on Other and tons of people will move there after Sam. Just my feeling.

I'm not saying that there won't be movement just that she will be more popular to the average festival goer than she is to those on Efestivals. We tend to be a little on the older side plus there are plenty of average festival goers that just never move from the Pyramid come headliner time. 

I know someone who had been to the festival 4 times and had not just never seen an act on the Park. He had never been to the Park!! I think we sometimes under estimate how many of those types there are. 

37 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Yep I'll be one of those!

I'm doubting but now that I read what you all are going to do I'll go to Avalon BEFORE Fender ends. 

(oddly enough there was something about the Sugababes playing Glastonbury with the original line up on a general Dutch news website. Probably the only time this year I saw the festival mentioned there.)

30 minutes ago, moogster said:

I'm doubting but now that I read what you all are going to do I'll go to Avalon BEFORE Fender ends. 

(oddly enough there was something about the Sugababes playing Glastonbury with the original line up on a general Dutch news website. Probably the only time this year I saw the festival mentioned there.)

I've already seen Fender this year so I think I'll either start moving towards the back during his set or just enjoy it closer to the back so I can make a swift getaway when he finishes.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I don't know, I actually think we're a little hard on Kendrick. There'll be more hype surrounding him than we think.

Billie is playing at the end of a sell-out tour where a lot of people may have seen her already, and she's clashing with some big hitters. Kendrick hasn't played the UK in about 4 years, and it's basically his first proper show in years. I think a lot of people might see him just out of intrigue.

21 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I don't know, I actually think we're a little hard on Kendrick. There'll be more hype surrounding him than we think.

Billie is playing at the end of a sell-out tour where a lot of people may have seen her already, and she's clashing with some big hitters. Kendrick hasn't played the UK in about 4 years, and it's basically his first proper show in years. I think a lot of people might see him just out of intrigue.

It's not me being harsh if you asked me my level of interest in Pyramid headliners he'd come 2nd but everyone I know who asks me who is headlining seems not to really know him. On the Facebook groups he's the one I see mentioned least. I hope he smashes it and he will pull a decent crowd because all Pyramid stage headliners do but I think it will be the smallest of the 3. I actually think for those who love him that is the best option as well. You don't want people hanging around for an act they are not that into because they usually annoy those who are interested. 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah they've over estimated Noel - it seems even Oasis fans don't like him. I'm a big fan but I think they've messed up there. 

He was never going to take a slot smaller than what Liam did in 2019. Quite a big fan of his solo stuff but it clashes with the avalanches.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, Acid_Haze said:

My take on who'll get the biggest and smallest crowds out of the headliners on each of the main stages (I know nobody asked):

Pyramid

Biggest - Paul McCartney (by a long way)

Smallest - Billie Eilish (controversial opinion)

Other

Biggest - Pet Shop Boys (though I think Foals will come close)

Smallest - Megan thee Stallion (by a long way)

West Holts

Biggest - Bicep

Smallest - Roisin Murphy

John Peel

Biggest - Charli XCX

Smallest - Jamie T

Park

Biggest - Jessie Ware

Smallest - Courtney Barnett

What's everyone else think?

I think Kendrick's will be smaller than Billie - Bicep provides very strong competition and will pull away masses of younger people and its the DNB night on Arcadia. PSB will inevitably be rammed too. As someone else said Four Tet for Park.

I do agree in that Kendricks set will be the quietest of the headline three, but i do think his will be the best. Billies music is too depressing and slow for the most part, and pauls set will be great at either end and dead in the middle. Kendricks is gonna be full energy and engagement the whole way through and i'm gonna be right at the front. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, foggy1010 said:

Do you have any idea what the FOUR TET: MORNING SIDE set will be at Stonebridge Sat AM? Live / DJ ?

DJ set I think.

And perhaps not what you'd usually expect from FT. 

Missed it in 2019, but sure there's someone here who went and can offer more of an insight.....

Erm, going by Halvin it would appear to be the Libs.... eek.

Clashfinder Act Scores (Top 20 results)

Paul Mccartney

52.80 %

Diana Ross

52.49 %

The Libertines

47.02 %

Wolf Alice

39.23 %

Foals

37.24 %

Kendrick Lamar

34.75 %

Sam Fender

34.48 %

Haim

34.29 %

Wet Leg

33.83 %

Four Tet

32.19 %

Idles

30.22 %

TLC

28.68 %

Billie Eilish

28.63 %

Caribou

28.21 %

Lorde

28.10 %

Bonobo

26.89 %

Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds

26.81 %

Pet Shop Boys

26.07 %

Fontaines DC

26.00 %

Elbow

25.08 %

4 hours ago, Fishman said:

Erm, going by Halvin it would appear to be the Libs.... eek.

Clashfinder Act Scores (Top 20 results)

Paul Mccartney

52.80 %

Diana Ross

52.49 %

The Libertines

47.02 %

Wolf Alice

39.23 %

Foals

37.24 %

Kendrick Lamar

34.75 %

Sam Fender

34.48 %

Haim

34.29 %

Wet Leg

33.83 %

Four Tet

32.19 %

Idles

30.22 %

TLC

28.68 %

Billie Eilish

28.63 %

Caribou

28.21 %

Lorde

28.10 %

Bonobo

26.89 %

Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds

26.81 %

Pet Shop Boys

26.07 %

Fontaines DC

26.00 %

Elbow

25.08 %

Wow! Libertines then 😳

11 hours ago, foggy1010 said:

Do you have any idea what the FOUR TET: MORNING SIDE set will be at Stonebridge Sat AM? Live / DJ ?

10 hours ago, nikkic said:

DJ set I think.

And perhaps not what you'd usually expect from FT. 

Missed it in 2019, but sure there's someone here who went and can offer more of an insight.....

I went in for some of 2017 (I think...or it may have been 2016). It's a DJ set, but think chilled out morning vibes, global exotica, chiming gamelan and so on. Head nodding vibes whilst you have a coffee.

• Like 1