What sets will be more rammed this year?

AlexOvd

Just now, Spindles said:

Phoebe Bridgers is going to be stupidly rammed, she could easily pull a huge crowd on Other or the big pointy one, but for some reason they have booked her for JP.

Yep that will be pretty busy but I do think this year a lot of the popular acts are clashing with each other which may split the crowds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got to be Sam Fender and wouldn’t be surprised if pet Shop Boys on the other on Sunday is busy. As for the smaller stages Paul Heaton and Jaqui Abbot on the acoustic stage will be rammed .  Wet Leg on the park,  maybe even the Sugababes in theAvalon could attract big crowd. 

I was thinking Heaton. How early do people think I need to be over there to get inside the tent?

8 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

I was thinking Heaton. How early do people think I need to be over there to get inside the tent?

We had thought about going from Sam fender to Paul Heaton but it’s not realistic to think that’s possible. But hey, will try it even if it means standing outside the acoustic tent. Not a stage I’m fond of, think it’s the slope of the ground 

12 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can see Self Esteem getting a big crowd at JP. On quite early in the day and up against easy life on Pyramid, who I doubt will get a large pull.

One of the weirdest placements this year I’d say. 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We had thought about going from Sam fender to Paul Heaton but it’s not realistic to think that’s possible. But hey, will try it even if it means standing outside the acoustic tent. Not a stage I’m fond of, think it’s the slope of the ground 

We're going to - happy to see it from outside and with such a long set there's plenty to see when we do make it there. Real ale and a singalong should be good, especially with no other headliners on we're bothered about 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We're going to - happy to see it from outside and with such a long set there's plenty to see when we do make it there. Real ale and a singalong should be good, especially with no other headliners on we're bothered about 

OK, race you! With a stop for beer and food.  And a wander down Williams green afterwards.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Last time beautiful south played acoustic this is what I thought. It was a good few years back, got there late and it was absolutely packed inside and out. I thought I would be happy with the sound and singalong outside, it was way to quiet for my personal proper enjoyment with any singing along drowning out the band. 

I wish I got along earlier... 

Hopefully you'll be happy with the experience and not have the regret of getting there 30 mins earlier when it finishes 🙂

if I am off bar shifts, this id my Friday plan! 

1 hour ago, garc1a said:

Last time beautiful south played acoustic this is what I thought. It was a good few years back, got there late and it was absolutely packed inside and out. I thought I would be happy with the sound and singalong outside, it was way to quiet for my personal proper enjoyment with any singing along drowning out the band. 

I wish I got along earlier... 

Hopefully you'll be happy with the experience and not have the regret of getting there 30 mins earlier when it finishes 🙂

if I am off bar shifts, this id my Friday plan! 

Good info! Probably happy to take that risk with Sam Fender being a must see. Phoebe Bridgers was too, so it's just a shitty clash day really! Will get down there and check it out though, you never know. I have seen them a few times before so won't be hugely disappointed. 

Anyone who hasn't seen them though, they're excellent!