Covid testing pre festvial

zahidf

Will you covid test before the festival?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Before you set off before the festival, will you covid test?

• Yes, even if I don't have symptoms
    • Yes, but only if I have symptoms
    • Not at all

15 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Sounds awful but I would only think of testing if I had symptoms , with no refund option for having covid I can see most people been the same 

Yeah i have to agree. With the relaxation/ abandoning of the self isolation guidelines it feels the need to be diagnosed is negated now

• Like 1

Probably not if no symptoms.  I would if there was more of it about at the moment, but there isn't. My missus is quite strict/anxious about covid so she might insist I do, and we do have quite a few tests left over. If I had symptons I definitely would, not sure I'd want to be at the festival for 5 days with covid.

Nope, like most measures, mask wearing, isolating, testing, vaccines etc, they only work if a large percentage of the population are doing it. As the government have decided it’s not necessary, so will ‘most’ people. So it’d be a total waste of time. Plus I’ve had 3 jabs, and a bout of covid (completely symptom free.) 

Also, given the lack of any control measures, I doubt anybody ‘seriously’ at risk will be taking their chances at a festival. 

I WILL be testing after though. Both straight away and 5 days later. As I do come into contact with people at risk here, and I’m fully expecting there to be people at the festival with it. 

56 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So none of you stocked up on at home tests? Never hurts to keep em handy.

I’ve got quite a few boxes … work have a huge number still if I require more given that most people have stopped testing .

Edited by crazyfool1

We’re 2.5 years into this now. Unless you’ve been living inside a sealed bubble in that period of time you are very likely to have come into contact with the virus especially if you’re in a customer facing job.

At this point almost everyone will have either had it or be immune to it. I’ve never tested positive for it but I’m 99% certain I had it at the start. 

If you do have tests left over, save them for when you get home. A few extra recovery days off work will do nicely. 

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I put not at all. Not because I’m trying to be arse, I’m recently recovered from it (and up to date with boosters) so it’s highly unlikely to be a further risk for a while.

Almost the same here - got it as we speak. Been a rough week but on the mend today! Had my booster so that plus recently recovered = won't test for Glasto. 

11 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

We’re 2.5 years into this now. Unless you’ve been living inside a sealed bubble in that period of time you are very likely to have come into contact with the virus especially if you’re in a customer facing job.

At this point almost everyone will have either had it or be immune to it. I’ve never tested positive for it but I’m 99% certain I had it at the start. 

If you do have tests left over, save them for when you get home. A few extra recovery days off work will do nicely. 

Youre forgetting us international folk. if we test positive, we cant go home. Still havent gotten it even after 2 weekends of Coachella and I got a bad case of bronchitis out of it. ( tested during that and zip ). Had plenty of friends who travelled and went to gigs and such and came home fine. Hopefully thats me too. Been doing pretty well with masking up. And I masked up if I got deep into crowds so ill keep that up.

Edited by Suprefan

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Youre forgetting us international folk. if we test positive, we cant go home

With the state of our airports at the moment it will take you 5 days to get through security for your flight home so you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Chances of spreading outdoors are absolutely minimal, so unless you plan to get in someone else’s tent then it’s utterly pointless.

Just got back from Bearded Theory and at least one of our group has contracted Covid from there. Somesome form of cough people will definitely get Covid at Glastonbury, inevitable with the best part of 300 thousand people on site.

In the years before Covid, I often picked up some form of cough or cold at Glastonbury. Came down with something horrible after the 2019 event.

Edited by Boomtowner