The State Of The Ground 2022

Sawdusty surfer

On 6/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, august1 said:

wrong thread but hows the wooded areas by the track looking? looked wrecked last summer

Let me know which  which wooded area by which track and I'll try to check it for you next time I'm on the farm. 

Hopefully next SOTG report will be towards the end of this week.

Currently immersed in a world of sawdust. 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

On 6/6/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sawdusty surfer said:

Let me know which  which wooded area by which track and I'll try to check it for you next time I'm on the farm. 

Hopefully next SOTG report will be towards the end of this week.

Currently immersed in a world of sawdust. 

Fantastic, really enjoying the updates

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

The way things are looking I'm delighted to be able to say that more state of the ground reports may not be required! 

Yep just said whatever happens week of the festival it’s looking like conditions going into it couldn’t be any better. 

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

The way things are looking I'm delighted to be able to say that more state of the ground reports may not be required! 

WOO HOO!!! 😃👍

On 6/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, The Nal said:

If anyone on site is near the cider bus and can get a pic of this tree it would be greatly appreciated

20170621-134206.jpg

Taken at 8am this morning . Loads of activity around there this morning.  Next year I’ll get a photo early on for you before the flags go up x 

DF2C0CF0-5ABA-427B-9D1C-6EFC8424995D.jpeg

FEE21306-95DE-4879-A36A-E2015FCA49E1.jpeg

83AD7101-74EB-464E-A9BE-0328DA7AE1A5.jpeg

Edited by Funkyfairy!
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Taken at 8am this morning . Loads of activity around there this morning. If you’d asked me a week ago these were the first benches I painted a week ago and there was no one around , no flags , no bins , just my team and tins of paint and wire brushes 🙂 

Amazing thank you. Place looks fantastic. 

That tree doesnt have long left by the looks of it! The top part of the Ireland tree has been cut off it looks like. Brexit eh?

The Leaning Tree of...errr.... Glasto

Edited by The Nal

47 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Taken at 8am this morning . Loads of activity around there this morning.  Next year I’ll get a photo early on for you before the flags go up x 

FEE21306-95DE-4879-A36A-E2015FCA49E1.jpeg

83AD7101-74EB-464E-A9BE-0328DA7AE1A5.jpeg

Ooh, me heart just did a little flutter

• Upvote 1

I remember reading a comment on EFests about 6 years ago, and I've always quoted it to mates and it could well be total bollox. Paraphrasing, but something along the lines of, there's high clay content in the mud, so if it pisses it down, if the sun comes out shortly after it dries it up rapidly, much more so compares to normal mud?

I don't know why it stuck with me, nor why I use it as a nugget of info when I have zero knowledge in that field. Pun intended.