The Rabbit Hole..

Aries

Looking for some advice from you experienced lot...went to Glasto for the first time last year and loved it and have heard a lot about the 'secret' Rabbit Hole bar and hoping to make it there this year. Few questions..

1. Is the secret bar open all day or just in the evenings? I've got a fair chunk of time on the Saturday after Big Thief and will already be in the Park so thinking that might be a good time to try if it's open then. 

2. I saw a video on youtube showing people queuing for it but have also heard you need to answer a riddle or have a playing card to get in, can anyone clarify?

Cheers!

Haha, didn't think it would be so easy.

Just checked out Funkingham Palace, thanks! Given me an idea of when it's open, I'll have a poke around beforehand and see if I spot anything. Not overly fussed on Saturday headliners, planning on Roisin at WH followed by Four Tet but might skip Roisin and try for here if we feel like it on the day!

1 minute ago, ryyder said:

Odd question: are their toliets available there?

The idea of queueing for half an hour and then needing to leave for a wizz isn't inviting.

Same goes for Stonebridge and NYC Downlow I guess, does anyone know?

Yes for rabbit hole 🕳 no for Stonebridge … you need to hold it or use the ones just outside park … and yes for nyc downlow 

Hmmmmm. Finally a thread about the Rabbit rabbit holey holey hole hole. 

RH >> Noon 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn.WTFSS

FP >> Dusk 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn. TFSS

So many questions, but I’ve got to dash - can’t be late.

Edited by ian the worm
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Hmmmmm. Finally a thread about the Rabbit rabbit holey holey hole hole. 

RH >> Noon 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn.WTFSS

FP >> Dusk 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn. TFSS

So many questions, but I’ve got to dash - can’t be late.

Wow...gonna need more than a thinking cap for this one 😅

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Looking for some advice from you experienced lot...went to Glasto for the first time last year and loved it and have heard a lot about the 'secret' Rabbit Hole bar and hoping to make it there this year. Few questions..

1. Is the secret bar open all day or just in the evenings? I've got a fair chunk of time on the Saturday after Big Thief and will already be in the Park so thinking that might be a good time to try if it's open then. 

2. I saw a video on youtube showing people queuing for it but have also heard you need to answer a riddle or have a playing card to get in, can anyone clarify?

Cheers!

1. It's not that secret anymore, it's on the lineup and the map. There are two areas though. 

2. No riddle needed for entry. 

Fwiw it was fun getting in and crawling round the stuff to get to the area, would recommend queuing for 15 mins if you can. But it's not really not worth wasting hours queuing for it.

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

1. It's not that secret anymore, it's on the lineup and the map. There are two areas though. 

2. No riddle needed for entry. 

Fwiw it was fun getting in and crawling round the stuff to get to the area, would recommend queuing for 15 mins if you can. But it's not really not worth wasting hours queuing for it.

Yeah to be honest I won't queue hours for anything as there's so much else to do, but it does seems like a fun experience and one for the glasto bucket list so if the timings right I'll definitely try and check it out!

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes for rabbit hole 🕳 no for Stonebridge … you need to hold it or use the ones just outside park … and yes for nyc downlow 

Last time they were doing stamps for stonebridge as long as you came straight back it wasn't a problem. 

53 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Head up around there at the right time on a Wednesday and you might be invited in, we were last time out.

Where abouts is it? Always see a queue up the hill but can never tell where to get in. 

Is the Funkingham Palace the same entrance? 

I went one year and we got taken to a side entrance and brought into a different section. I don't remember how or why but it did involve someone giving us some dice and possibly saying we were here for the mad hatter (or something similar). 

I was wanting to catch beans on toast there but I've no idea how early id need to get in to make sure I'm there for the start.