Jump to content

The Rabbit Hole..


Aries
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking for some advice from you experienced lot...went to Glasto for the first time last year and loved it and have heard a lot about the 'secret' Rabbit Hole bar and hoping to make it there this year. Few questions..

1. Is the secret bar open all day or just in the evenings? I've got a fair chunk of time on the Saturday after Big Thief and will already be in the Park so thinking that might be a good time to try if it's open then. 

2. I saw a video on youtube showing people queuing for it but have also heard you need to answer a riddle or have a playing card to get in, can anyone clarify?

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha, didn't think it would be so easy.

Just checked out Funkingham Palace, thanks! Given me an idea of when it's open, I'll have a poke around beforehand and see if I spot anything. Not overly fussed on Saturday headliners, planning on Roisin at WH followed by Four Tet but might skip Roisin and try for here if we feel like it on the day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Odd question: are their toliets available there?

 

The idea of queueing for half an hour and then needing to leave for a wizz isn't inviting.

 

Same goes for Stonebridge and NYC Downlow I guess, does anyone know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ryyder said:

Odd question: are their toliets available there?

 

The idea of queueing for half an hour and then needing to leave for a wizz isn't inviting.

 

Same goes for Stonebridge and NYC Downlow I guess, does anyone know?

Yes for rabbit hole 🕳 no for Stonebridge … you need to hold it or use the ones just outside park … and yes for nyc downlow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm. Finally a thread about the Rabbit rabbit holey holey hole hole. 

RH >> Noon 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn.WTFSS

FP >> Dusk 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn. TFSS

So many questions, but I’ve got to dash - can’t be late.

 

Edited by ian the worm
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Hmmmmm. Finally a thread about the Rabbit rabbit holey holey hole hole. 

RH >> Noon 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn.WTFSS

FP >> Dusk 🥕🥕🕳🐇 dawn. TFSS

So many questions, but I’ve got to dash - can’t be late.

 

Wow...gonna need more than a thinking cap for this one 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Looking for some advice from you experienced lot...went to Glasto for the first time last year and loved it and have heard a lot about the 'secret' Rabbit Hole bar and hoping to make it there this year. Few questions..

1. Is the secret bar open all day or just in the evenings? I've got a fair chunk of time on the Saturday after Big Thief and will already be in the Park so thinking that might be a good time to try if it's open then. 

2. I saw a video on youtube showing people queuing for it but have also heard you need to answer a riddle or have a playing card to get in, can anyone clarify?

Cheers!

1. It's not that secret anymore, it's on the lineup and the map. There are two areas though. 

2. No riddle needed for entry. 

 

Fwiw it was fun getting in and crawling round the stuff to get to the area, would recommend queuing for 15 mins if you can. But it's not really not worth wasting hours queuing for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

1. It's not that secret anymore, it's on the lineup and the map. There are two areas though. 

2. No riddle needed for entry. 

 

Fwiw it was fun getting in and crawling round the stuff to get to the area, would recommend queuing for 15 mins if you can. But it's not really not worth wasting hours queuing for it.

Yeah to be honest I won't queue hours for anything as there's so much else to do, but it does seems like a fun experience and one for the glasto bucket list so if the timings right I'll definitely try and check it out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes for rabbit hole 🕳 no for Stonebridge … you need to hold it or use the ones just outside park … and yes for nyc downlow 

Last time they were doing stamps for stonebridge as long as you came straight back it wasn't a problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Head up around there at the right time on a Wednesday and you might be invited in, we were last time out.

Where abouts is it? Always see a queue up the hill but can never tell where to get in. 

Is the Funkingham Palace the same entrance? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went one year and we got taken to a side entrance and brought into a different section. I don't remember how or why but it did involve someone giving us some dice and possibly saying we were here for the mad hatter (or something similar). 

 

I was wanting to catch beans on toast there but I've no idea how early id need to get in to make sure I'm there for the start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

BBCC will be performing in the outside part of the Rabbit hole so no issue queuing for that. Funkingham Palace is the venue that’s inside the hole through the tunnel. 

No queue at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

No queue at all?

It is a tent with one open side. There may not be room to fit everyone in. So technically no queue, but arriving early will increase your chance of getting stage visibility. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the old Rabbit Hole where the Wormhole was in 2019? I seem to remember the Rabbit Hole in 2019 was a very open bar (no queues) to the right of The Park. I just assumed the wormhole was a renamed rabbit hole or was there a tunnel in the rabbit hole too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...