Sticklinch / Worthy View Emails

Alvoram

26 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I doubt they will let you keep your wristband if you go through Gate A. Assume that they will remove it and give you a WV one due to the risk of people giving their normal wristbands to someone to try and enter the site with.

Yes, they swap them out so you can't keep two. 

28 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Because the email would explicitly mention one if it did? 

It specifically says it doesn’t but in five years of staying at WV I have never bought a drink from the bar there… no need in Sticklinch for either really when the co op and other bars are close enough and there’s no massive HILL. The shop didn’t sell much and nothing you couldn’t get on site 

49 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Not bothered by the lack of bar, I'll have my last drink before heading back or crack one open when I get back to the tent. At WV the bar wasn't particularly great but sitting by the fire with a can after a schlep ups the hill was a pleasant experience .

So excited about not having the final hill…

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Ditto. I also like that SL is immediately adjacent to Riggs field so it will hopefully feel more like part of the festival than WV.

Yep the morning/night time view from the top of the hill and the wander up/down through the green fields was a delight but I’m ready for a new site

For anyone staying at WV I would still take the hill over the trudge north up muddy lane to Tangerine 🍊 Fields.

if you are staying there Wednesday night, do go down to the main site before dark as they close Pennard Hill gate when the fire 🔥 is lit for safety and you get stuck up at WV. Great view from up there but more fun on site

14 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah, I can dry and straighten my hair but I can’t buy a beer! 

Surely that's a chance for an opportunist to bring a few slabs extra in their boot, either to share out of the goodness of their heart or swap for the odd fiver? 😉

14 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

WV is quite a bit bigger than SL and will have a greater capacity which I assume makes a bar more viable. But there are plenty of bars open late in The Park/Arcadia that are reasonably close. 

The WV PDF lists 6 food venues, a shop and says ‘bars’ plural, open until 3.

Its probably something I wouldn’t have used, or only used once or twice, but I still feel a bit short changed! 

2 minutes ago, Major_Tom108 said:

It could just be me being a bit thick and miss reading the guidance for Sticklinch but I’m a bit confused. 

Are they saying we have to show the bar code at the main Gate A and we get the wristband there or that we get the wrist band at the entrance so Sticklinch?

If you are arriving by any other method than driving then you must enter via gate A first and the make your own way to SL.

If you are driving and have an SL parking pass then you just go straight there.

9 minutes ago, t0paz said:

If you are arriving by any other method than driving then you must enter via gate A first and the make your own way to SL.

If you are driving and have an SL parking pass then you just go straight there.

Cheers,

Yeah, getting the Coach so entering via Gate A, just confused as to whether I have to show the bar code at Gate A or when I get to Sticklinch entrance once I’m inside. Or both?

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

See you put that on the FB group as well. 

Yes, I've also messaged WV team to confirm 🙈😂

I can't believe, unless there's a license zoning issue, that they wouldn't have a bar on the site... 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Because the email would explicitly mention one if it did? 

The WV version of the PDF specifically mentions the bars, going into great detail about the new one. 

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

It specifically says it doesn’t but in five years of staying at WV I have never bought a drink from the bar there… no need in Sticklinch for either really when the co op and other bars are close enough and there’s no massive HILL. The shop didn’t sell much and nothing you couldn’t get on site 

Some of us won't have a choice, as we're light sleepers and will be waiting for our partners to arise. Also, I wasn't planning on taking much, if any at all, alcohol with me. May have to rethink that now. Also, does the coop sell alcohol? I was told it doesn't... 😕 

Edited by Alvoram