GLASTONBURY IS THIS MONTH!!!

Leyrulion

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

And I'm nowhere near ready. Physically or mentally. May feel different when ticket arrives. Always seem to get them late-ish. Not even sent out yet.

You'll be ready when you're ready Zigs, and if you're not then you'll still be ok! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

And I'm nowhere near ready. Physically or mentally. May feel different when ticket arrives. Always seem to get them late-ish. Not even sent out yet.

It's going to hit differently for everyone this year, and at different times. The cycle of annual festivals has been broken twice and most of us have had to endure rough times and heartache, with national leadership that took the absolute piss out of us.

We're not going back the same people we were in 2019 or before, and I know personally I'll need to find my feet again. Even the build up has been a bit weird - after two false starts and so long away, it's only very recently I've felt its real enough to get properly excited over, even though I've been confident it will happen for longer than that.

I think we need to be kind to ourselves if it takes a while to click. The idea that we'll be flooded with emotion the second we walk through the gates won't be true for many of us, but I hope at some point over the weekend we'll all find our stride again and be able to lose the burden of anxiety and displacement so many of us have felt. Even if just for a few days.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 12

It all still feels so surreal.. it’s crazy how quick it’s coming round. I hope you all have the best festival and it’s everything we have waited for and more. 3 years what a journey it’s been. We’re on the home straight now, let the excitement continue! 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Electrics tested  … it’s party time in 21 days

What brand is your light controller? That remote looks very similar to the one for my lights. I wonder if we could end up with crossed signals or possibly even be able to get our hat lights in sync 🤔

It’s been a long long road brothers and sisters, we’re almost there. 

If I see any of you there, then I want to buy you a pint and have a chat. This place has been a huge part of keeping me sane the past few years.

Just now, JoeyT said:

With the long weekend coming up we’ll soon find ourselves at Monday which basically makes it 2 weeks in my eyes 😂

I’m on a stag do in Dublin the weekend before, which I keep forgetting about because, you know, Glasto!

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I’ve been feeling like this as a few work things have been occupying my thinking space. However attending bearded theory last weekend has flipped that switch. 

46 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’m on a stag do in Dublin the weekend before, which I keep forgetting about because, you know, Glasto!

I'm on a stag do in Spain weekend of 10-12th June which I keep forgetting about too...then I found out that I also don't get paid again until the Wednesday after I get back from Glastonbury so will need to think of a few workarounds! Sigh..

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Feeling the same…despatch tracker stuck on 39% for past 24 hours. Hope there’s not a problem at See’s end 😬

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

If they work on Surname you are always going to be last. Mr Zee

• Upvote 1