Green Day

504329lt

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

They’ve earnt more than enough money then to make it work if they want too! 

I can't prove a negative, I hope I'm wrong, I hope they turn up and I hope I'm there if they do.  But I don't think it likely.  Arctic monkeys seem a much better shout for a killers esque pre headline show.

31 minutes ago, blue6field said:

To be fair, and I’m not saying they’re  doing this, if it’s a secret set in a tent, all  they need to do is rock up with their instruments, the gear for their own tour goes ahead to the next venue and they meet up later

Exactly. It's a secret set, not a full blown headline show. Not really much is needed, they are more than capable of bringing a couple of guitars with them.

2 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

I can't prove a negative, I hope I'm wrong, I hope they turn up and I hope I'm there if they do.  But I don't think it likely.  Arctic monkeys seem a much better shout for a killers esque pre headline show.

Likewise. I do just find it all a bit too coincidental for people not to be pushing this more? I’ve spent years on this forum and swear I’ve seen bands with way less evidence than this and they been labelled a shoo-in.

There’s probably nothing in it, but I’m enjoying the hype. 

46 minutes ago, Boilingtent said:

While far removed from it now greenday are at their core still a 3 piece DIY punk band. Having at least 4 strings on a guitar, a bass amp and some drums is enough for a party.

Greenday Strummerville set confirmed

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

To be fair, and I’m not saying they’re  doing this, if it’s a secret set in a tent, all  they need to do is rock up with their instruments, the gear for their own tour goes ahead to the next venue and they meet up later

They did a secret set in a tent at Reading in 2012 – played the NME/Radio 1 tent first thing, then went to Rock En Seine a day later (they'd possibly played London the night before?).

That timing - playing early doors before bolting for a big show the day after - might line up with that early afternoon JP slot.

Either way, it was great. 

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

31 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Tbf we did have that guy come on and say he’d heard AM would be there. Obviously we get a lot of that every year and it mostly proves to be bollocks, but it’s more than we’ve had on Green Day, who’s tour gap is clearly just a rest/travel day. 

I guess another thing to factor in here is... assuming them or Arctic Monkeys are the early John Peel slot, that's a pretty risky bit of booking for a band that size.

The Killers clashed with Barry Gibb (ish) and Chic. Massive crowd-pleasing Pyramid bookings. And Haim on the Other.

Right now, that John Peel TBC is up against Herbie Hancock, Liane La Havas, Nightmares on Wax, and Warmduscher. Potential chaos if a headliner-sized act gets chucked on then.

7 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I guess another thing to factor in here is... assuming them or Arctic Monkeys are the early John Peel slot, that's a pretty risky bit of booking for a band that size.

The Killers clashed with Barry Gibb (ish) and Chic. Massive crowd-pleasing Pyramid bookings. And Haim on the Other.

Right now, that John Peel TBC is up against Herbie Hancock, Liane La Havas, Nightmares on Wax, and Warmduscher. Potential chaos if a headliner-sized act gets chucked on then.

Herbie Hancock will pull a big crowd. I want to see him but this JP slot could potentially pull me away depending on who it is.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf we did have that guy come on and say he’d heard AM would be there. Obviously we get a lot of that every year and it mostly proves to be bollocks, but it’s more than we’ve had on Green Day, who’s tour gap is clearly just a rest/travel day. 

Headlining R/L so couldn't be confirmed, album out this year, strong favourites to headline next year, not doing anything else, way more history with the festival...

28 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Whoever it is will be massively oversubscribed regardless. Even if it was common knowledge in advance that it was only Paulo Nutini, you'd still get thousands of people turning up for it who expect it to be someone else. The whole secret set part always means there's a gargantuan crowd for that stage.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Whoever it is will be massively oversubscribed regardless. Even if it was common knowledge in advance that it was only Paulo Nutini, you'd still get thousands of people turning up for it who expect it to be someone else. The whole secret set part always means there's a gargantuan crowd for that stage.

I think we need to play the game of "what ridiculous rumour can we get Somerset Live to pick up on"

I'll start. Daft Punk innit.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think we need to play the game of "what ridiculous rumour can we get Somerset Live to pick up on"

I'll start. Daft Punk innit.

Can confirm, my top secret source* said it's Daft Punk.

*You, just now.

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

So that's both me and Simsy that have heard about Daft Punk. Might be something to it guys...

I’m sure there was mention of it on the forums a few months ago before the line up came out. You guys could be on to something.