Green Day

504329lt

I always thought The Killers John Peel set was a "we can't fit you in as headliners for the next few years, but we can offer you a secret set" type of deal. Then it went down a storm, someone pulled out in 2019, and they got added as a last minute headliner. I'm not sure these secret sets should be seen as setting up future headliners.

7 hours ago, Mark_safc said:

Herbie Hancock will pull a big crowd. I want to see him but this JP slot could potentially pull me away depending on who it is.

I'm not sure he will at all. With all respect to him, it'll be mostly people wanting a good spot for D-Ro onwards.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, Familiar2billions said:

Exactly this, it's the festival of contemporary performing arts. The more genres the merrier. I grew up going to many Reading festivals before I'd even set foot on Worthy Farm and would always happily accept some punk/rock headliners. Would have loved a huge American alternative act along the lines of Green Day, The Offspring, Deftones etc to supplement an already diverse line up. Obviously would have been QOTSA this year but that's sadly not happening now. That said, Turnstile should be quality!

The idea of them or The Offspring or similar sort of pop punk bands playing in 2022 just seems a bit naff and nostalgic. Why not just go to Download. 

Looking forward to seeing Turnstile though. 

18 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

The idea of them or The Offspring or similar sort of pop punk bands playing in 2022 just seems a bit naff and nostalgic. Why not just go to Download. 

Half of the lineup is there because of nostalgia (like at every festival) - I don't get why would pop punk be an exception? 

4 hours ago, kugglaw said:

Download crowd wasn't keen on them last time they played there, Reading seems to have moved away from that scene, Green day Sunday tea time legends slot in a few years? 🤪