Green Day

504329lt

4 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

All this talk of Greenday - is there any reason Weezer aren't rumoured? They're on the tour aren't they, so must be free on the Sunday?

The tour has a day to travel to Ireland then a day to travel back to Scotland. It’s a stadium tour the amount of equipment involved is ridiculous. A&S can only do it because they’re a lot smaller 

3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Hilariously close summarising of this thread to create click bait. Great journalism…..or possibly quite lazy…..

Just about to post the same thing. Can't believe someone got paid to write a summary of this thread!

43 minutes ago, Ejblackwood said:

Why? Just don’t see them… 

Exactly this, it's the festival of contemporary performing arts. The more genres the merrier. I grew up going to many Reading festivals before I'd even set foot on Worthy Farm and would always happily accept some punk/rock headliners. Would have loved a huge American alternative act along the lines of Green Day, The Offspring, Deftones etc to supplement an already diverse line up. Obviously would have been QOTSA this year but that's sadly not happening now. That said, Turnstile should be quality!

On 6/2/2022 at 6:35 PM, ErnestWorthing said:

The tour has a day to travel to Ireland then a day to travel back to Scotland. It’s a stadium tour the amount of equipment involved is ridiculous. A&S can only do it because they’re a lot smaller 

What am I not understanding or what have I missed here? They're in Huddersfield on Sat 25th June, Scotland on Weds 29th?

The "they have more equipment so it can't happen" argument seems invalid to me. This might come as a surprise to some people, but Green Day are not the ones lugging around their own equipment.

All they would need to do is show up at the festival. Any required kit will be brought into place for them, and is likely to be totally different equipment than what they will be using on the Hella Mega Tour.

If Amyl and the Sniffers can make it, so can Green Day. In theory at least.

13 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Green Day would just be an odd fit. That sort of US style pop-punk just isn't really what the festival books. Which is kind of why I want it to happen.

Green Day are one of the very few massive acts that have never headlined or played - the JP set often sets bands like The Killers up for the headline next year. I do agree with the musical style but the range at Glastonbury is so huge these days that I think it's still very likely.

-The dates fit.

-Amyl and the sniffers are playing the festival who are currently on tour with Green Day (playing the same stage as the possible secret set too). 

-Billy joe was as the festival in 2019. 

-Green Day did an early afternoon secret slot at Reading a few years ago so they’re definitely up for that sort of thing. 

I genuinely think it will be Green Day, I’m amazed so many of you are so confident it’s not them? 
Green Days early music is what first got me into music, I still listen to it frequently! Can’t stand anything after American Idiot though. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What am I not understanding or what have I missed here? They're in Huddersfield on Sat 25th June, Scotland on Weds 29th?

They're in Huddersfield on the 25th

They travel to Ireland on the 26th

The play Ireland on the 27th

They travel to Scotland on the 28th

They play Scotland on the 29th.

They didn't play on the 20th because they needed to travel from Austria to Belgium.

These tours are incredibly expensive to do, if they didn't need a day to travel between the UK and Ireland they wouldn't have one, like they didn't between Belgium and Holland. If there wasn't a return travel day between Ireland and Scotland on the Tuesday that would be suspicious, but there is.

Yes, it is technically possible for them to do a show on the Sunday, but I'm going to need more evidence than there's a travel day on the tour to get excited.

39 minutes ago, Sku said:

The "they have more equipment so it can't happen" argument seems invalid to me. This might come as a surprise to some people, but Green Day are not the ones lugging around their own equipment.

All they would need to do is show up at the festival. Any required kit will be brought into place for them, and is likely to be totally different equipment than what they will be using on the Hella Mega Tour.

Green day don't have two sets of equipment in the UK, if they do it they'll need to re-route it from Huddersfield to Glastonbury to Ireland.  It's technically possible but it would be a logistical nightmare and the tour manager wouldn't be happy.

1 minute ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Green day don't have two sets of equipment in the UK, if they do it they'll need to re-route it from Huddersfield to Glastonbury to Ireland.  It's technically possible but it would be a logistical nightmare and the tour manager wouldn't be happy.

Unless they built it into the tour in the first place. It's not exactly the most difficult route to take. Nobody would batter an eyelid at a UK tour with 3 dates in a row. Not sure why this would be much different.

16 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

They're in Huddersfield on the 25th

They travel to Ireland on the 26th

The play Ireland on the 27th

They travel to Scotland on the 28th

They play Scotland on the 29th.

They didn't play on the 20th because they needed to travel from Austria to Belgium.

These tours are incredibly expensive to do, if they didn't need a day to travel between the UK and Ireland they wouldn't have one, like they didn't between Belgium and Holland. If there wasn't a return travel day between Ireland and Scotland on the Tuesday that would be suspicious, but there is.

Yes, it is technically possible for them to do a show on the Sunday, but I'm going to need more evidence than there's a travel day on the tour to get excited.

Thank you! I looked on Viogogo stupidly for their tour, rather than their website, which hadn't stated Ireland.

26 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Unless they built it into the tour in the first place. It's not exactly the most difficult route to take. Nobody would batter an eyelid at a UK tour with 3 dates in a row. Not sure why this would be much different.

RHCP - 2 travel days London -> Ireland

Guns n roses - 2 travel days Ireland -> London

Stereophonics - 3 travel days Ireland -> Cornwall

westlife - 2 travel days Cardiff -> Belfast

I can't find anyone doing a stadium show in the UK then Ireland the next day, maybe I've missed someone but on my quick google it seems they're already cutting it fine with only one travel day.

To be fair, and I’m not saying they’re  doing this, if it’s a secret set in a tent, all  they need to do is rock up with their instruments, the gear for their own tour goes ahead to the next venue and they meet up later

Just now, blue6field said:

To be fair, and I’m not saying they’re  doing this, if it’s a secret set in a tent, all  they need to do is rock up with their instruments, the gear for their own tour goes ahead to the next venue and they meet up later

For a show that will potentially go out to millions, an act of this size would want their own equipment plus road crew, sound engineers etc. I'd love to be wrong but it just ain't happening.

7 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

RHCP - 2 travel days London -> Ireland

Guns n roses - 2 travel days Ireland -> London

Stereophonics - 3 travel days Ireland -> Cornwall

westlife - 2 travel days Cardiff -> Belfast

I can't find anyone doing a stadium show in the UK then Ireland the next day, maybe I've missed someone but on my quick google it seems they're already cutting it fine with only one travel day.

Amyl and the the sniffers are