Green Day

504329lt

So, could it be them for the JP secret set on Sunday?  They have a gap in their tour on the Sunday and are playing with Amyl and the Sniffers on tour who are confirmed for JP tent on the Sunday.  Could be similar to Killers with JP secret set followed by headline slot next year.

Edited by 504329lt
mistake

My mate actually bumped into Billie Joe in London last weekend! He was on site at Glasto in 2019 watching his son's band.

Secret set would be very good fun but don't know if I can see it happening in JP - even with their lack of relevancy these days they're still a colossal-sized band, would be like when The Killers played (as in rammed as fk). Suppose if their support act are playing that day it's not out of the question that they'd be travelling the same route.

Don't see them headlining next year (or ever) though, think if they ever play it will be a secret set or 'special guest' slot kind of thing, like what Aerosmith were originally booked as.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

More of a Reading and Leeds type band aren't they? I'd be so disappointed if they were to play. 

I'd probably go and check them out just because I never got the chance before, but if it was mostly new stuff would be gutted. They are basically a different band pre and post American Idiot

3 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I'd probably go and check them out just because I never got the chance before, but if it was mostly new stuff would be gutted. They are basically a different band pre and post American Idiot

Even on their latest tours, with new albums to promote, they still lean heavily on American Idiot/Dookie/Nimrod and the like. 

I agree on that assessment, but having seen them live, I can't recommend enough if you are into that older stuff.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Green day did play a secret set at Reading 2012 the day before they had a gig in France. 

Also did 4 consecutive days of gigs that tour as well….

They didn't play the festival they played Shepard's empire, 1800 ish capacity.  I know, I was there 🙂

SAM_2989-picsay.jpg

9 minutes ago, mgillespie said:

They didn't play the festival they played Shepard's empire, 1800 ish capacity.  I know, I was there 🙂

SAM_2989-picsay.jpg

That was some gig.  As one of my fav bands would love to see them at Glasto but cant see it.  

Edited by watsonjm

30 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Can confirm, I was at the secret Reading set at 2012 in the NME Stage and it was incredible - was about 11am in the morning. I think Green Day is as valid as any other act for this slot, I was actually kind of surprised they didn't headline the Sunday in the end.

Edited by discgoesmic

43 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Can confirm, I was at the secret Reading set at 2012 in the NME Stage and it was incredible - was about 11am in the morning. I think Green Day is as valid as any other act for this slot, I was actually kind of surprised they didn't headline the Sunday in the end.

I was there, sprinted from the campsite to get in that tent.

5 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I really wouldnt worry about that if they did perform. Probably 1 song post American Idiot and the rest is older stuff. If they only have an hour they wouldnt waste time on not appeasing the crowd.

The last time I saw them in 2018 they did 3 songs from their latest album and got them out of the way early on. The rest was everything else you likely want to hear.

If they were the JP tbc I might see em, maybe not The Park. 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, JayBalls said:

I was there, sprinted from the campsite to get in that tent.

I found a video many years ago of hundreds of people just running to the arenas as soon as they saw Billie Joe’s ‘what rhymes with shredding’ tweet. They had to close the stage and play it on screen. On the main one! 

10 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I found a video many years ago of hundreds of people just running to the arenas as soon as they saw Billie Joe’s ‘what rhymes with shredding’ tweet. They had to close the stage and play it on screen. On the main one! 

It was insane, I got in to the tent just in time before they closed it off