First Timers 2022

gfa

9 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Ever so slightly worried that the weather might spoil it...

There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inappropriate clothing.

5 hours ago, morecambejack said:

Most looking forward to Sam Fender (despite seeing him a week later in Manchester),...

Don't make my 2009 mistake.

Had tickets for Blur the next week at Hyde Park BST, so left them after a tune or so (even though they were obviously being (or about to be) epic), to see Black Eyed Peas instead.

Who were not as good as they were when they played the first time (when they were good), which I also missed for god knows what.

Still pissed off and ranting about it.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

We bought our tickets 2 years ago & daughter now doing A levels and last one is on the Friday morning - so unlucky as she’s the last one of her friends to finish. We’ve hired a motorhome and are driving down on the Tuesday evening but she has to stay behind with my husband and they are driving down from Chester straight after the exam. On the one had his exciting ti be headin off to Glastonbury after exams, on the othe, can you believe it that she doesn’t finish until the Friday….

Ah that’s rough - was annoyed at Thursday, but Friday would have been even worse, especially with having to fly over.  My daughter is the same - most of her friends are finished the previous week and yet none of them are going to Glasto - Sod’s law 🤷‍♂️
Now the worry is that the flights are booked with EasyJet 🤞

8 hours ago, assorted said:

I got interested in Glastonbury because of this forum and the intense love of the festival shown on here - got tickets in 2019 with 3 fellow first timer and one who hasn’t been since the 90s. We are all in our 40s-50s.

I’m gonna cheat and say the 2 acts back to back on the same stage i am most excited for -

Friday - Wet Leg—>Confidence Man - Park Stage

Friday - Jon Hopkins (DJ)—>Chemical Brothers(DJ) - Arcadia (if rumor is true)

Sunday - Amyl & the Sniffers —> Turnstile - John Peel

Good picks, cannot wait for chems :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

We’re in Sticklinch… Easing in gently 🙈😂

Must be nice! we'll be in the thick of it probably at one of the sites near Arcadia

12 hours ago, savethatjek said:

Our coach leaves London at 15:00 on the Weds, I'm aiming for Dairy as this seems to be most suitable for us. Fingers crossed we get a space 🙂

Hope it goes to plan, i'm on the 8am london but got 2 friends on the 6am taking all the tents. hopefully will be ok for us 🙂 

23 hours ago, gfa said:

Must be nice! we'll be in the thick of it probably at one of the sites near Arcadia

It was the showers that convinced us. Unfortunately I'm one of those unlucky people who you don't want to to be within 20 feet of having had no shower for 2 days, never mind 5!!!

Our Wednesday and Monday morning will be a lot easier, but we'll pay for it in steps walked every other day. (Will do me some good.) 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

It was the showers that convinced us. Unfortunately I'm one of those unlucky people who you don't want to to be within 20 feet of having had no shower for 2 days, never mind 5!!!

Our Wednesday and Monday morning will be a lot easier, but we'll pay for it in steps walked every other day. (Will do me some good.) 

Make sure to get Mitchum spray - its great for festivals! walking when drunk always helps burn off the alcohol at least!

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Make sure to get Mitchum spray - its great for festivals! walking when drunk always helps burn off the alcohol at least!

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I had genuinely never heard of it. Is the ladies one good too, might recommend it to my other half if so, she's always complaining that her normal deodorant does nothing on warm days. 

13 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I had genuinely never heard of it. Is the ladies one good too, might recommend it to my other half if so, she's always complaining that her normal deodorant does nothing on warm days. 

Not sure, worth a try though i guess. I saw on here very recently this is meant to be good too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Driclor-Antiperspirant-Roll-Applicator-20/dp/B008R7BT5S/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=strong+deodorant+for+excessive+sweating&qid=1654597078&rdc=1&sr=8-12

First timers from France with two friends. Dream of mine to go there..
a bit afraid about all the stuff we have to carry and the current state of my shoes but it will be fine.

anyone has recommendations for a quiet camping place not at the opposite of Pyramid/Other stages ?

Just now, Cseguin said:

anyone has recommendations for a quiet camping place not at the opposite of Pyramid/Other stages ?

Lime kiln or Hitchin Hill just up from the JP tent. Great views, quiet and a nice vibe.  Not too far from pyramid but a long way from the SE corner. Was our favourite before moving to worthy view. 

19 minutes ago, Cseguin said:

First timers from France with two friends. Dream of mine to go there..
a bit afraid about all the stuff we have to carry and the current state of my shoes but it will be fine.

Please bring wellies or walking boots, from what I’m told it could seriously effect how much you enjoy the festival!

Hope you have an amazing time! 

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Please bring wellies or walking boots, from what I’m told it could seriously effect how much you enjoy the festival!

Hope you have an amazing time! 

Thanks i'm more and more convinced of this necessity ! Thank you see you on the field !

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lime kiln or Hitchin Hill just up from the JP tent. Great views, quiet and a nice vibe.  Not too far from pyramid but a long way from the SE corner. Was our favourite before moving to worthy view. 

Thanks. i forgot to precised we are arriving thursday afternoon, do you think it will have free spaces ? looks promising !

27 minutes ago, Cseguin said:

Thanks i'm more and more convinced of this necessity ! Thank you see you on the field !

Thanks. i forgot to precised we are arriving thursday afternoon, do you think it will have free spaces ? looks promising !

Yes , never too busy and I’ve seen quite a few Thursday arrivals.  Have a look at Glastoearth Torts glastonbury guide, essential reading for first timers and those who have been before. Good advice on everything including where to camp.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:25 PM, Alvoram said:

Should add, as the plan fell through and we're on our own now, if any other first timers (or veterans) are planning to meet up, count us in!

Hee hee you won't have any problem meeting people.   Whether you see anyone again after you met them is another matter, just due to the vast numbers of festivalgoers.

I've been a couple of times but my last visit was 24 years ago, I hear that the festival has changed a little since then but get the feeling that it's essentially the same game.

My wife and 3 kids joining me, all first timers, for the kids it's their first festival, so very excited to witness their journey.

Also sticklinch : )  Don't remember ever showering at a festival in my life, might give it a go if theres not much queuing.

1 hour ago, NorwayDave said:

Hee hee you won't have any problem meeting people.   Whether you see anyone again after you met them is another matter, just due to the vast numbers of festivalgoers.

But you are guaranteed to bump into that annoying person from work who you wanted to avoid at least 5 times...

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2022 at 8:32 AM, gfa said:

Where's everyone thinking of camping then?

WV, had to do it due to gf being a first timer and she wanted a few extra perks and safety per say. If not I likely wouldve wanted to camp at Oxlyers again like I didn in 2017. Good location thats in the middle of everything.