First Timers 2022

gfa

Surprised nobody has made this earlier but I thought of it a few weeks back and decided to wait for the main poster to release. So if its your first time make yourself known here, it is my first one after grabbing the tickets almost 3 years ago!

A question to start the topic off with as well - what 3 acts are you most excited for?

Mine are Four Tet, The Avalanches and maybe The Libertines as far as acts i'm seeing for the first time go!

edit- if you've not visited for a long time feel free to be an honorary first timer! 🙂 

Edited by gfa

My last adventure was 2013 I think (The Stones one) and the kids were super young then, so this is our first time that we can all enjoy it without having to find a place to change nappys etc 😂 I  cannot wait to see Beans on Toast, The Libertines and we'd all love to see Bob Vylan but it will have to be a secret set as I don't think the kids will be still up at 2.50am 

First timer heading in with three other first timers. Looking forward to turning up with no real plan and seeing how the weekend goes.

Only two people I want to make sure I see are Macca and Mrs Ross so anyone else I stumble into seeing perform is a bonus.

First time since 2017. Don't think I've been so excited for anything in my life

My advice to avoid my mistakes of my first time, most things I've seen somewhere on this forum at some point

• Dont worry about where you camp too much, I only spend my time at the campsite for sleeping
  • Bring a comfortable small backpack for carrying drinks, maybe some warmer clothes for night, battery pack etc. Just enough to carry without having to head back to your tent
  • There's more to nightlife than the south east corner but definitely check it out
  • Only schedule in your must see bands, pencil in others but try not to spend every day running between stages for acts you only have a passing interest in
  • Invest in decent shoes, seriously. Bad shoes can ruin the later days of the fest when every moment on your feet is agony
  • Don't overdo it on the Wednesday night as tempting as it is
  • Thanks 1

First timers here. We booked hoping to be joined by our friends who are regulars and go in a big group. But none of their group managed to get tickets this year! Despite all the planning and trying from different parts of the country for the whole group on ticket day. So we're now on our own instead. 

Looking forward to so many acts, but equally excited to find new music, as we're way out of touch with this lineup compared to the 2019 one. Guess I'm most looking forward to Libertines, Macca and Holly Humberstone, I'm really liking Holly's songs at the minute, 'Falling asleep at the wheel' is great, but I just can't get enough of 'London is lonely.'

Girlfriend would have a different list, possibly involving Sam Fender and Billie Eilish... Also, looking at my list she would probably say I'm getting old, as I think she was expecting me to be most excited for Micky Finn, Nicky Blackmarket, Rudimental, Andy C etc... 

We're in our late 30's so have opted for Sticklinch this time, mostly for ease on opening day, having the car so close will be useful. Means we can pack the kitchen sink 'just in case,' but leave it in the car should that 'just in case' actually arise... Travelling down from Derby (almost) on Tuesday, and staying in Glastonbury Premier Inn for the night, then heading over to Sticklinch at around 11am, on the advice of members here. 

Should add, as the plan fell through and we're on our own now, if any other first timers (or veterans) are planning to meet up, count us in!

Edited by Alvoram

4 hours ago, Damn said:

First time here too. Like you I've been waiting three years, finally it's over! 

Top 3 acts - Kendrick / Sam Fender / Caribou

Great picks there, Caribou i was really looking forward to but clashes mean its just not meant to be. They tour just about everywhere anyway 🙂

First time for me and my wife, plus one other in our group. I've been trying to get a ticket for years and was kindly helped by a friend in 2019...it's been a painful wait ever since. Looking forward to Sam Fender, Wolf Alice and Macca and generally discovering everything about the festival. The only shame is that we can't make it to the festival until late Thursday morning. Fortunately a friend is setting up camp Wednesday morning.

Ever so slightly worried that the weather might spoil it and/or it won't live up to the hype.

First time (im 52) and im taking my 18 yr old daughter , her first time as well 

Looking forward to Noel Gallagher, Fatboy slim , Primal Scream, Sam fender, Wolf Alice ... really gutted so many clashes on the friday , looks like we will need to leave a couple early to make others we want to see 

Will be my first time as well as my girlfriend's first. 

The three acts I'm looking forward to the most are Billie Eilish, Yard Act and Dream Nails. Being from the Midlands, knowing the band as friends and their frontman being Paddy Considine, seeing Riding the Low perform at the country's biggest festival will be a proud moment. 

Another first timer here.  Finally getting to go to Glasto at 48 and couldn't be more excited.  Coming with Wife, daughter (16) and son (12).  They have no idea what is going to hit them - I have a "bit" of an idea after being on here for 2.5 years!  

Tickets already delivered, in a safe place and now counting down the days until I set off from Belfast in a rented campervan.  Will be driving over on my own as the 2 year delay has created an early "clash" - my daughter is now in the middle of her GCSE's and has her final one on the Thursday so they are having to fly in Thursday afternoon straight after her exam (nice thing to do though after 2 months of solid revising + exams!).  I will be arriving on the Tuesday so will get set-up and will have a bit of time to explore on my own before they arrive.  Hopefully there might be some friendly efesters in CV East Quiet on Tuesday night to say hello to.

3 Acts most looking forward to - Sam Fender / Pet Shop Boys / Lorde

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Wow some of you are first timers but have posted so much I thought you were old has beens like myself 🧓

There's quite a few of us who originated from the R&L board I think doing it for the first time + lots of people have built their posts up during covid etc. I know i definitely have!

4 hours ago, mttJ said:

Sam Fender, Foals and Holly Humberstone for me.

If there's one thing I've learnt it's that my 3 favourites after the festival will be different!

Great selections and great mindset too !

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Another first timer here.  Finally getting to go to Glasto at 48 and couldn't be more excited.  Coming with Wife, daughter (16) and son (12).  They have no idea what is going to hit them - I have a "bit" of an idea after being on here for 2.5 years!  

Tickets already delivered, in a safe place and now counting down the days until I set off from Belfast in a rented campervan.  Will be driving over on my own as the 2 year delay has created an early "clash" - my daughter is now in the middle of her GCSE's and has her final one on the Thursday so they are having to fly in Thursday afternoon straight after her exam (nice thing to do though after 2 months of solid revising + exams!).  I will be arriving on the Tuesday so will get set-up and will have a bit of time to explore on my own before they arrive.  Hopefully there might be some friendly efesters in CV East Quiet on Tuesday night to say hello to.

That's awesome - after my final A-Level a few years ago we drove to IOW the same day (i had an afternoon exam), arrived and got setup found some lovely Geordies by us and went to the arena with them arriving just in time for Not Nineteen Forever before Noel Gallagher came on! There's a fair amount of people in CV East (i think you can visit the main field!)

Great act picks too 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, morecambejack said:

First timer here going with two other first timers. 

Most looking forward to Sam Fender (despite seeing him a week later in Manchester), Noel Gallagher and Foals. 

Good picks! I'm gutted that i won't see any of those (maybe Foals) due to clashes but i've seen Noel before and I'm seeing Sam fender supporting the killers this weekend at least! We're a group of 8, all first timers 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Wow some of you are first timers but have posted so much I thought you were old has beens like myself 🧓

I joined not too long after the 2019 festival (which I watched on TV), was unsuccessful in the original sale but hung around anyway as I enjoyed the news, etc on here.

Glad I did as it was someone from this site who got me tickets in the resale!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

I headed to Glastonbury after my final A-level exam, so many years ago it was in a different millennia! My brother came and picked me and my friend up straight after our Weds morning exam and drove us to the National Express station. Thanks for unlocking that memory of absolute freedom!

Hope you have a great time all of you. The van will be a great addition.

We bought our tickets 2 years ago & daughter now doing A levels and last one is on the Friday morning - so unlucky as she’s the last one of her friends to finish. We’ve hired a motorhome and are driving down on the Tuesday evening but she has to stay behind with my husband and they are driving down from Chester straight after the exam. On the one had his exciting ti be headin off to Glastonbury after exams, on the othe, can you believe it that she doesn’t finish until the Friday….

I got interested in Glastonbury because of this forum and the intense love of the festival shown on here - got tickets in 2019 with 3 fellow first timer and one who hasn’t been since the 90s. We are all in our 40s-50s.

I’m gonna cheat and say the 2 acts back to back on the same stage i am most excited for -

Friday - Wet Leg—>Confidence Man - Park Stage

Friday - Jon Hopkins (DJ)—>Chemical Brothers(DJ) - Arcadia (if rumor is true)

Sunday - Amyl & the Sniffers —> Turnstile - John Peel