Predicted Glasto "Moments"

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

42 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Spot on. Saw him in Liverpool recently and was amazed by the intensity of the young crowd. Will undoubtedly be a highlight.

He’s got some fantastic lyrics that resonate with me even in my 40s so can only guess how they connect with the Young’uns he’s writing about. If I was under-30 I would absolutely adore Fender.

• Upvote 2

I honestly think for those who are on the hill 12:45 Sunday for Ukraine's Dakhabrakha, that is going to be the emotional high point of the festival. If you don't know the band watch this. They play a weird fusion of world, trance, folk and blues that in tracks like Vesna and Yanky is like nothing else and incredibly contemporary. They look great too - traditional Ukrainian outfits. Part of the performance uses video of the war as a backdrop. It's not impossible to imagine that Zelensky might even speak by zoom. Pray the sun shines on Ukraine Sunday lunchtime.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

He’s got some fantastic lyrics that resonate with me even in my 40s so can only guess how they connect with the Young’uns he’s writing about. If I was under-30 I would absolutely adore Fender.

I saw him last year in Bristol and in the pit I was surrounded by teens and twenty-somethings who were hanging on his every word. I remember thinking; how awesome to be nineteen and into Sam Fender right now. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

And if you're at the older end of the spectrum (like me) 'Spit of you' is really affecting. Gets me every time. Not that it'll be easy to hear cos it's the kind of song that the less engaged talk throughout 

Im so waiting for the obviously predictable Collab of Years and Years with PSB , and the total destruction of West End Girls , definitely a contrast in vocal talent, as clearly displayed on NYE 

A lot of pluses for Sam Fender, gonna have to make sure I catch his set now on iPlayer!

Pet Shop Boys in 2014 are one of my biggest clash mistakes at the festival ever, so def gonna catch them too.

Can't wait to see what other special performances/moments come out. 

Still enjoy this one as well - 

• Upvote 1

Self Esteem on the JP
Wet Leg on the Park

both artists playing slots far below where they should be, that usually makes for big "moments". both are massively on the ascendency. kinda the same vibe as when Wolf Alice did the Park and it was clear before they even walked on stage that they'd be doing much bigger stages in future. 

Very much looking forward to Mitski

I've no idea how she isn't the headline act (although to be fair I've never even heard of Jessie Ware) but I suspect she's going to put on an incredible show at the Park

Amyl and the Sniffers on John Peel I think are going to be as good as Fontaines when they played 2019 and win over a lot of new fans

On 5/31/2022 at 10:56 AM, Mackem said:

I honestly think for those who are on the hill 12:45 Sunday for Ukraine's Dakhabrakha, that is going to be the emotional high point of the festival. If you don't know the band watch this. They play a weird fusion of world, trance, folk and blues that in tracks like Vesna and Yanky is like nothing else and incredibly contemporary. They look great too - traditional Ukrainian outfits. Part of the performance uses video of the war as a backdrop. It's not impossible to imagine that Zelensky might even speak by zoom. Pray the sun shines on Ukraine Sunday lunchtime.

Yes.  Best surprise of the final line up for me.  Have been a fan for years and seen them a good few times, including at West Holts a few years ago.  One of my must-sees.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mackem said:

And if you're at the older end of the spectrum (like me) 'Spit of you' is really affecting. Gets me every time. Not that it'll be easy to hear cos it's the kind of song that the less engaged talk throughout 

Aye the second verse of that is a gut punch every time

• Like 1

Wet Leg in to Confidence Man at the Park is going to be bonkers.

And when Confidence Man drop Boyfriend it's going to be up there as one of the highlights of the weekend. I've no doubt it'll be all over the BBC and will one of those everlasting clips on YouTube!

Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/30/2022 at 11:11 PM, al_coholic said:

Not that we need another bloody moments thread creating but I don't get the Fender hype. He's just another fat tongue indie trash pop star. Nothing special at all. Where does the love come from. Seriously. And I am not even trolling this. 

I'm with you. I don't dislike him. But it's just another one of those indie singers. Quite catchy but I can't see people being bothered in years to come. 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:14 PM, BlackZeppelin said:

The roar at WH when Jeff Goldblum was going through the different tribes  saying "Scousers? People from Liverpool? Any Scousers out there?"

For some reason that tickled me,

As for this year, when Paul McCartney brings Elton John on stage

I was happily tucking into my Goan Fish Curry in the shade of a flag during that, just returned vividly to memory reading your comment. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine if Khruangbin came out during Maccas set to play Pretty Boys (quality track!)… or Macca at The Park for Khruangbins set.. I somehow think it’s less likely he would arrive at the farm a day early for that though!

wouldn’t happen but a man can dream.

More of a personal predicted moment. I always go with friends, my wife has no interest in going, so my wife and kids will be at home. Whilst I am extremely excited to be going, I will of course miss my family.

Following the announcement that Olivia Rodrigo will be shown live on the BBC, and as the kids love her, made a plan yesterday that I will watch and send a pic of my location so they can look out for me on the TV (i know it's unlikely they will actually spot me but made the kids excited). Will be special knowing they're watching the same thing as me, even if we are not together. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2022 at 6:50 AM, TheDayman said:

And when Confidence Man drop Boyfriend it's going to be up there as one of the highlights of the weekend. I've no doubt it'll be all over the BBC and will one of those everlasting clips on YouTube!

Really hoping the crowd are up for it from the start and don't wait until the last track to lose their shit. There's no other one-two double act like Wet Leg into Confidence Man for me. Two must sees, neither of which I'd heard of just a couple of months ago!

On 6/2/2022 at 10:03 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

My own moments are likely to be....

Friday......Redemption Song by Ziggy 

Saturday.....Macca singalong to any one of many Beatles hits

Sunday..... Gypsy by Suzanne Vega

You know what every time Gypsy appears on my playlist I think damn Suzanne Vega is a bit good! I have seen her twice though including headlining a Sunday night at Glastonbury so will be at PSB who I’ve never seen but doesn’t mean I won’t be a little envious of those who are watching her. I wish I had a Time Machine for Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1