Jump to content

What To Do On A Wednesday?


FrankieX
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gsp8181 said:

All of those stages were briefly listed in 2019 on the official line up before they were pulled a few hours later. A few people managed to scrape the page which is why they got their full lineups listed.

I think because 2017 was noticeably bad for crowd control in the south east corner and they must have thought that not listing the south east corner when it’s literally the only DJs on would help keep numbers manageable. And it worked well in 2019

I think pretty much all Commons and Block9 will be on apart from Genosys, IICON and The Common

 

What time do you reckon they will be on from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 2016 (my first- baptism of mud!) there was an amazing ceremony after around 9.30 Wed night above the Stone Circle before the fireworks, apart from burning the Phoenix  there were fire dancers, chanting monks, incantations and blessings... really fantastic start to things. In 2019 though I couldn't find anything similar... or did I just miss it? Is this announced anywhere or does it just happen? Hope so...

Edited by Chinakat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CH0161 said:

Where is the best spot for the fireworks and Phoenix burning?

 

 

 

tag me in the answer please 🙂 what dates / times are they too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gfa said:

tag me in the answer please 🙂 what dates / times are they too!

Isn’t it around sunset on Weds near Park/Stone Circle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chinakat said:

In 2016 (my first- baptism of mud!) there was an amazing ceremony after around 9.30 Wed night above the Stone Circle before the fireworks, apart from burning the Phoenix  there were fire dancers, chanting monks, incantations and blessings... really fantastic start to things. In 2019 though I couldn't find anything similar... or did I just miss it? Is this announced anywhere or does it just happen? Hope so...

I remember Gaia's Guardians doing something up there (all dressed in red) that year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Isn’t it around sunset on Weds near Park/Stone Circle?

I am wondering that. Thinking is Strummerville open and worth being at when the phoenix is being burned? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go all out and ruin the rest of the festival as you lay in a crippled pile on thursday morning realising that you're not as young as you used to be.  Then drink through it and compound your misery by making the same mistake again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lebenski said:

Go all out and ruin the rest of the festival as you lay in a crippled pile on thursday morning realising that you're not as young as you used to be.  Then drink through it and compound your misery by making the same mistake again.

This is the way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lebenski said:

Go all out and ruin the rest of the festival as you lay in a crippled pile on thursday morning realising that you're not as young as you used to be.  Then drink through it and compound your misery by making the same mistake again.

i can confirm this is fully what i plan on doing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh, Thursday is the day I usually ruin myself, it's the day I start drinking upon waking.

I saw that the rocket lounge has some bits and bobs happening Wednesday eve so will likely head there.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, gfa said:

tag me in the answer please 🙂 what dates / times are they too!

 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, CH0161 said:

Where is the best spot for the fireworks and Phoenix burning?

 

 

 

Wednesday at about 10ish. 

There's actually 2 or 3 phoenix's in the fields adjoining the stone circle to split the crowds, all with a great fireworks view.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone see the trees on fire in 2019 when the phoenix got out of hand? Could have sworn I saw I fire engine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few celebration beers at camp once we've dropped our tents on the floor (one of the best beers in the world), then once pitched up just stroll around and take it all in. It gets ectic enough from Thursday onwards so it's nice to do Wednesday with nothing planned. That said, tradition dictates always going up the viewing hill early evening for sunset. Such an amazing first meet up spot to gather friends and all see in the start of the festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Any news if the big silent disco in Silver Hayes will be there this year? Convinced that run last time on Wednesdays. Can't find any info online.

Was definitely a silent disco at cinemageddon with Fatboy slim on the wednesday in 2019. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...