What To Do On A Wednesday?

FrankieX

2 hours ago, gsp8181 said:

All of those stages were briefly listed in 2019 on the official line up before they were pulled a few hours later. A few people managed to scrape the page which is why they got their full lineups listed.

I think because 2017 was noticeably bad for crowd control in the south east corner and they must have thought that not listing the south east corner when it’s literally the only DJs on would help keep numbers manageable. And it worked well in 2019

I think pretty much all Commons and Block9 will be on apart from Genosys, IICON and The Common

What time do you reckon they will be on from?

In 2016 (my first- baptism of mud!) there was an amazing ceremony after around 9.30 Wed night above the Stone Circle before the fireworks, apart from burning the Phoenix  there were fire dancers, chanting monks, incantations and blessings... really fantastic start to things. In 2019 though I couldn't find anything similar... or did I just miss it? Is this announced anywhere or does it just happen? Hope so...

Edited by Chinakat

6 hours ago, Chinakat said:

In 2016 (my first- baptism of mud!) there was an amazing ceremony after around 9.30 Wed night above the Stone Circle before the fireworks, apart from burning the Phoenix  there were fire dancers, chanting monks, incantations and blessings... really fantastic start to things. In 2019 though I couldn't find anything similar... or did I just miss it? Is this announced anywhere or does it just happen? Hope so...

I remember Gaia's Guardians doing something up there (all dressed in red) that year.

1 minute ago, lebenski said:

Go all out and ruin the rest of the festival as you lay in a crippled pile on thursday morning realising that you're not as young as you used to be.  Then drink through it and compound your misery by making the same mistake again.

This is the way

5 minutes ago, lebenski said:

Go all out and ruin the rest of the festival as you lay in a crippled pile on thursday morning realising that you're not as young as you used to be.  Then drink through it and compound your misery by making the same mistake again.

i can confirm this is fully what i plan on doing

Tbh, Thursday is the day I usually ruin myself, it's the day I start drinking upon waking.

I saw that the rocket lounge has some bits and bobs happening Wednesday eve so will likely head there.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, gfa said:

tag me in the answer please 🙂 what dates / times are they too!

On 6/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, CH0161 said:

Where is the best spot for the fireworks and Phoenix burning?

Wednesday at about 10ish. 

There's actually 2 or 3 phoenix's in the fields adjoining the stone circle to split the crowds, all with a great fireworks view.

• Upvote 1

A few celebration beers at camp once we've dropped our tents on the floor (one of the best beers in the world), then once pitched up just stroll around and take it all in. It gets ectic enough from Thursday onwards so it's nice to do Wednesday with nothing planned. That said, tradition dictates always going up the viewing hill early evening for sunset. Such an amazing first meet up spot to gather friends and all see in the start of the festival.