What To Do On A Wednesday?

FrankieX

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Take psychedelics and wander the site is usually my go-to for the Wednesday and it’s not failed me yet. 

Mushrooms, go for a walk and laugh your arse off. 

Cleared a big area near the West Holts in 2017 cos we were all laughing so much. Got some right looks... that made everything funnier.

29 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I mentioned this on the line up thread, but there's a noticeable lack of Wednesday action compared to the last decade.

Surely it's just going to make bars crazy busy.

If there's nothing much going on then all people are going to do is crowd bars and get absolutely battered?!

I feel like someone on the inside needs to tell us if Wednesday's entertainment has been slimmed down massively or if things are going to be added over the next couple of weeks.

It's weird because as far as I can remember Wednesday's bits have always been dropped at the same time as everything else?

All missing in regards to Wednesday entertainment (haven't checked to see if all stages are actually there this year but...)

Rabbit Hole

Bimble Inn

The Spike

The Beat Hotel / (San Remo)

Glasto Latino

HMS Sweet Charity

NYC Downlow

The Meat Rack

The Rum Shack

Samula

S.H.I TV

The Rocket Lounge

Deluxe Diner

Greenpeace

Greenpeace Stage

Small World

Mandala Stage

Toad Hall

Speakers Forum

Rebel Rebel

Croissant Neuf Bandstand

The Bandstand

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

All missing in regards to Wednesday entertainment (haven't checked to see if all stages are actually there this year but...)

Rabbit Hole

Bimble Inn

The Spike

The Beat Hotel / (San Remo)

Glasto Latino

HMS Sweet Charity

NYC Downlow

The Meat Rack

The Rum Shack

Samula

S.H.I TV

The Rocket Lounge

Deluxe Diner

Greenpeace

Greenpeace Stage

Small World

Mandala Stage

Toad Hall

Speakers Forum

Rebel Rebel

Croissant Neuf Bandstand

The Bandstand

I literally had no idea there was usually this much stuff to do on the Wednesday.

I swear I dont even think I did much on the Weds myself or even felt there was a lack of things to do. Like I got there, put my tent up, hung out for a bit and then walked around the site and eventually went to sleep. Mates grabbed some drinks and we passed the time for the most part. I did just go around the traders and did some shopping. I would def welcome having the options of doing like NYC downlow though if its on the hush hush.

The various assumptions on this thread that not currently listed means not happening (and then extrapolating from there - reducing allocations to sell on, etc) are at least partially incorrect. I'm aware of at least 2 stages that don't currently have Wednesday listed but are operating as normal.

• Like 1

I don’t think I’ve ever been to see anything on the Wednesday, maybe in a bar by accident, normally just ramble around after the obligatory pints by the sign, if I look back at photos I’m always amazed how late on in the day everything is, it just seems to fly by. GOD IM EXCITED 

• Like 1

Wednesday is fucking ace and I don’t plan on seeing anything. I wander round, get slowly pissed with my mates and grin like w*nking monkey with anticipation. Just ecstatic to be there again. It’s such a high I don’t need anything else.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

The various assumptions on this thread that not currently listed means not happening (and then extrapolating from there - reducing allocations to sell on, etc) are at least partially incorrect. I'm aware of at least 2 stages that don't currently have Wednesday listed but are operating as normal.

It what we do here. Speculate, assume and extrapolate.

Once we are in and set up we tend to have a bit of a chill at the tents until everyone else is settled and sorted.....usually go for an afternoon wander to see changes, few pints out of a bar, get some late lunch/dinner etc, back to the tents for a reload on booze then over to the fireworks/opening party thing in the Stone Circle...tend to last till around midnight where usually the tiredness kicks in having been up since 5am.

This tactic whilst not the most exciting, means I do tend to wake up on the Thursday relatively fresh!

Edited by gooner1990