Late night areas with queues

MickeyJJ

3 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I'm guessing the thought of making it to Brass Against from Paul McCartney is a complete write-off without rushing straight off?

Jumping the queue is possible, very doable, with determination., I have done it, not without risk though.

Edited by bamber

On 5/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, The Nal said:

Course, and it shouldn't go anywhere. An institution. But 3 hour queues....were not in the Berghain 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:06 PM, stuie said:

Well, they might make it bigger this year, but it's kind of meant to be intimate.  Block 9 itself changed immensely in 2019, from 3 venues in a field, to two fields with the 15,000 cap. IICON, which spread the crowds.  We'll have to wait and see what they do this year, but NYCD is now legendary and I can't see it going anywhere in near future. 

Tbf he's sort of right. There's been so much development in queer dance music and culture in the last 10 years that I do think they could change it up a bit.  

Wilderness had 1 small tent this year and it was such a success that they're bringing back an even bigger tent.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:31 PM, Hotchilidog said:

I stand corrected. I'll delete the post

You can go around and back but it is kind of designed now to kick you and and if you are mashed it’s fairly easy to suddenly find yourself back on the track 

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Fair enough - I'm guessing the queue is usually north of two hours post-headliner?

2 minutes if you jump the queue successfully. I never saw long queues last time in 2019 though. It was way hectic in those lines on the sunny years in the noughtys though.

Edited by bamber

SE used to be mainly Arcadia/Shangri La.  Big dance ravey field and an odd maze of micro venues and disorientating walkways with hidden doors. It was great fun. I find the SE corner now to be like a city centre, i.e a row of late dive bars and clubs you can't get in without a queue and not worth it when you do.