Late night areas with queues

MickeyJJ

Hey everybody, this forum is doing a great job of ramping up my excitement levels even more! I haven't been to Glastonbury since 2009 so I was overwhelmed by how much brilliant after hours electronic music there was. Which areas tend to have queues to get into, and which would you advise going to before the headliners finish on the main 5 stages, just NYC Downlow or Shangri La, or are there others?

NYC Downlow you will 100% face hours of queueing and I imagine The Temple is normally quite busy too? I have actually found that it's gotten easier to access the South East corner in recent years, but you'll just find it incredibly busy round certain stages and tents.

You'll probably find those stages open on the Thursday will be incredibly busy too (like the WOW stage, always absolutely rammed then)

4 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

How crazy are the queues to access Shangri La after headliners? It's better or worse in Arcadia? 

It's a nightmare best to go earlier! 

I really struggle with the idea of queuing for anything at Glastonbury when there is so much queue-free stuff to choose from.

Saying that, I’d like to see Arcadia this year (Jon Hopkins) and I’m not sure if that has queues too?

3 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

I really struggle with the idea of queuing for anything at Glastonbury when there is so much queue-free stuff to choose from.

Saying that, I’d like to see Arcadia this year (Jon Hopkins) and I’m not sure if that has queues too?

I’ve never experience queues for it. Having said that, if you’re stood far back the sound tends to be a bit worse and you don’t feel as “in it” as if you’re closer, which you have to get there early for.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

It does but not as bad as there's a few different ways to get to it. People tend to get to the edges and stay there but if you walk in there's usually plenty of space 

2 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Is SE corner literally shoulder to shoulder everywhere at peak time? I mean when at a stage i.e Gas Tower

Yes it cam be quite scary qt times to be honest stuck in a big crowd of people walking along the railway track. Your best bet is to go early and it's fine and get a good spot where you want to go or as someone else said go chill at the tent for an hour or so. There's some good stuff in the greenfield as well some quality music but kist not the big names 

6 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Is SE corner literally shoulder to shoulder everywhere at peak time? I mean when at a stage i.e Gas Tower

If you get a march on straight after headliners it's normally not too bad to get in but it is particularly busy in some of the smaller venues. 

If you happen to be seeing a West Holts headliner that's an ideal night to get down there. 

I'm weighing up attempting from The Park but am hoping Arcadia are gonna pull something out of the bag to give me an alternative option. 

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve never experience queues for it. Having said that, if you’re stood far back the sound tends to be a bit worse and you don’t feel as “in it” as if you’re closer, which you have to get there early for.  

Yeah and the further you are out, the darker it tends to be which also adds to the not quite feeling "in it".

Really hoping the Pangea sound setup comes back, that was much better than years previous

19 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

We normally have a little pit stop at the tents for an hour to avoid the initial rush. Tends to calm down a bit after a while.

I tend to do the same but I hang around the glade for an hour or so, there's always something more interesting going on there than shuffling slowly like the walking dead to get into the SE corner at peak times.  I'd rather run down there after 1am when the crowds have died down a little.  

They changed up the access to the SE corner massively in 2019 so be cautious of anyone telling their experience from before then, it might not be as relevant. 

The Glasto Latino tent moved out which created a load more space that's been filled with areas that have more space to move about in. 

Access to the area in 2019 wasn't really an issue, admittedly it's not been tested in a wet year yet and there were still queues for some areas within it. 

Last year was the first glasto for me but despite making it to the SE corner most nights my memory is a bit blurry!

I’m going to head from Simz on West Holts to Block 9 for Overmono and hoping to get to NYC Downlow after for Honey Dijon, how bad do we think they queues will be?

Managed to get into NYC on the Sunday in 2019 but got in with a moustache from a friend, can’t really remember what the craic is with that though, where do you get the moustaches?

2 minutes ago, Aries said:

Last year was the first glasto for me but despite making it to the SE corner most nights my memory is a bit blurry!

I’m going to head from Simz on West Holts to Block 9 for Overmono and hoping to get to NYC Downlow after for Honey Dijon, how bad do we think they queues will be?

Managed to get into NYC on the Sunday in 2019 but got in with a moustache from a friend, can’t really remember what the craic is with that though, where do you get the moustaches?

You'll get in for Overmono absolutely no problem going from West Holts.

NYC Downlow is a different animal entirely. Going in on the Thursday would be a good way of getting a moustache which should give you priority for the rest of the weekend. I haven't been in for years though so someone might have a better idea! 

26 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

You'll get in for Overmono absolutely no problem going from West Holts.

NYC Downlow is a different animal entirely. Going in on the Thursday would be a good way of getting a moustache which should give you priority for the rest of the weekend. I haven't been in for years though so someone might have a better idea! 

This tactic sadly doesn’t work anymore as in 2019 they had different coloured moustaches for each day. Maybe they’ll change it up again this year too.