does anyone know of any good post-rock / heavy instrumental music this year?

Kuj

Happy lineup day all!

As the title says, does anyone know of any post-rock or instrumental music that is on the heavier side of things this year?

In 2019 I was so happy to have discovered Eyre Llew just a few weeks before going and have loved them ever since.

Currently i've got Run Logan Run pencilled in who are following on the Showhawk Duo on the Thursday and hopefully make it to Kikagaku Moyo but I'd be very appreciative of any other insider tips!

Thanks as always and see in the sunshine soon! 

• Upvote 1

Pigs x7 on Truth Thurs are in that direction, more heavy psych than post rock, but i'll definitely be there. Similarly Kikagaku Moyo on West Holts.

More post rock would be very welcome though!

edit: You already mentioned Kikagaku Moyo! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by matichin
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Kuj said:

Happy lineup day all!

As the title says, does anyone know of any post-rock or instrumental music that is on the heavier side of things this year?

In 2019 I was so happy to have discovered Eyre Llew just a few weeks before going and have loved them ever since.

Currently i've got Run Logan Run pencilled in who are following on the Showhawk Duo on the Thursday and hopefully make it to Kikagaku Moyo but I'd be very appreciative of any other insider tips!

Thanks as always and see in the sunshine soon! 

caroline (they use a lower case initial!) - William's Green, 1630-1710, Sunday

Instrumental post-rock that does crank up the volume at times. A little more 'chamber' than your EITS, Mono, TWDY etc, but we saw them at Green Man last year and they were really good.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

caroline (they use a lower case initial!) - William's Green, 1630-1710, Sunday

Instrumental post-rock that does crank up the volume at times. A little more 'chamber' than your EITS, Mono, TWDY etc, but we saw them at Green Man last year and they were rally good.

Ben

Ohhhh thanks for this Ben - listened to the album in work today and it was exactly what I was looking for.  It also looks to be clash free (on version 1 of 947573 of my clashfinder anyway).

Also, totally unrelated but your recommendation of Sama Abdulhadi yesterday in the dance thread has pretty much gone straight into my top 3 of must sees!

I'm not sure how big the venn diagram will be of people at caroline and then psytrance later on that eve - so if I if notice someone I recognise from caroline at Tristan - I'll make sure to say thanks in person!

Cheers again.

Just now, Kuj said:

Ohhhh thanks for this Ben - listened to the album in work today and it was exactly what I was looking for.  It also looks to be clash free (on version 1 of 947573 of my clashfinder anyway).

Also, totally unrelated but your recommendation of Sama Abdulhadi yesterday in the dance thread has pretty much gone straight into my top 3 of must sees!

I'm not sure how big the venn diagram will be of people at caroline and then psytrance later on that eve - so if I if notice someone I recognise from caroline at Tristan - I'll make sure to say thanks in person!

Cheers again.

Well...

Sadly, I don't think I'll be at caroline. I'll be in the Glade for Maria Chiara Argirò and then up to JPT for some nice, shouty Aussie punk with Amyl, as I've seen caroline, and not the Sniffers. 

However, Sunday night is *defo* Glade Dome psytrance  with Regan and Tristan after Bicep, before the last sprint down to the SEC for A-Future's classy electro and hopefully Batu taking me home in the Temple. 

Three weeks...

Ben

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well...

Sadly, I don't think I'll be at caroline. I'll be in the Glade for Maria Chiara Argirò and then up to JPT for some nice, shouty Aussie punk with Amyl, as I've seen caroline, and not the Sniffers. 

However, Sunday night is *defo* Glade Dome psytrance  with Regan and Tristan after Bicep, before the last sprint down to the SEC for A-Future's classy electro and hopefully Batu taking me home in the Temple. 

Three weeks...

Ben

Ben, I need a run down of your daily festival escapades as things currently stand.

I’d argue it deserves its own thread but here will suffice.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Ben, I need a run down of your daily festival escapades as things currently stand.

I’d argue it deserves its own thread but here will suffice.

Oh man! I haven't even started to collate my schedule properly, yet! Planning to give over a large chunk of tomorrow to that! I can say that I've mapped out most of the likely for Fri-Sun daytimes and nighttimes, but haven't yet started the task of cross-referencing each one-hour slot with everything that's happening on site at the same time, to confirm that my choice is correct, and put 1-2 alternatives in the next column, where they exist. I won't lie, it's a fucking nightmare job, and one of my favourite things in the world! I might post something later in the week, but we're not quite ready to release v1.0 just yet. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, Kuj said:

Currently i've got Run Logan Run pencilled in who are following on the Showhawk Duo on the Thursday

I have been listening to Run Logan Run who stood out for me on the Croissant Neuf playlist. Can't find them on the line-up.... Would you have a time for them @Kuj? Is that Thursday slot on the main Croissant Neuf stage or the bandstand?  Thanks!

16 minutes ago, pehaw said:

It's Bandstand 18:20 - 19:00

Thanks!

Edit - perhaps it's the main Croissant Neuf, as the Bandstand schedule from Instagram had the Disappointments 18:00-19:00....

Edited by Watergirl