What's the appeal of pennards

Bigfishlittlefish

It's a fairly central location for other/park/stone circle etc so good starting off point

It's a bit manic though so if you fancy an early night, or a late morning, not a good place to be

Park Home was my absolute favorite spot til it got demolished for Arcadia, and now that we're older and more miserable our group usually just stick to Dairy now, we never go back to the tent during the day anyway

9 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Sounds intriguing, might have to wander through there on my home from the SE corner one night. 

Its a lot of middle class 18 year old girls having a nightmare with their first time on Ketamine. Sloppy, crying, losing their stash etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Manic, messy, muddy, near the SE Corner and Arcadia. 

It was a thing back before there was any late night entertainment - parties at tents etc - but its a hellish place to camp now.

Francis Ford Coppola used it as his inspiration for the final scenes of Apocalypse Now

Camping in one of the rowdy areas is something I don't get about Glastonbury. Maybe it's because I've always been an old soul, but there's so much to do at the festival the last thing I want to do is be by my tent, and I'd always rather have the option to pass out somewhere quite if need be. Nothing is that far away from each other, so we just camp in Pylon or around there and literally just head back to sleep. You can party all night anywhere at the festival, it's not like others where the entertainment shuts down and it needs to carry on at the tent. The entertainment is too good to be sat getting lashed in a campsite...IMO at least. 

• Upvote 1

I avoid the place like the plague these days (did camp there in 2010 and did not enjoy it to say the least), but I’m glad it does exists though, as it keeps the ‘rowdy lot’ in their self contained box and allows the rest of us to hopefully get a decent, quiet and ‘theft free’ nights sleep! 

I’ve camped there for each of my four festivals and although that means I have no point of reference, I haven’t found it ‘rowdy’ or ‘manic’ whatsoever. I would add that I go to bed inebriated and at around 2-3am. Out like a light and sleep like a baby.

Location-wise, it gets no better. Right next to areas I tend to hang out at anyway.

All that said, this year I’m bringing a newbie who’s a little more sensitive to noise than I am and will want to sleep earlier. So considering moving slightly further out but don’t know where yet. 

• Upvote 2

I agree its a great location. Stayed there in 2017 with my youngest daughter. We used a pre erected tent set up by Camplite (great service which no longer operates at Glastonbury)

We didn't find it to noisy or anything (and we got to bed by 1pm most nights and slept)

So centrally located to everything we needed

50 minutes ago, st dan said:

I avoid the place like the plague these days (did camp there in 2010 and did not enjoy it to say the least), but I’m glad it does exists though, as it keeps the ‘rowdy lot’ in their self contained box and allows the rest of us to hopefully get a decent, quiet and ‘theft free’ nights sleep! 

Haha yeah, exactly right. Maybe Pennards isn't so bad if you sleep there, but every time I've passed by it's been a hard pass from me 😂

I should say, I had a rough camping experience once at Download (very different vibe, I'll admit) so ever since I've defaulted to camping on the fringes and feel much safer!

Edited by jparx

6 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

If you like drunk scousers, youll love it.

*I can say this as I am one

One of my favourite things to see at Glasto when the coaches arrive. The Liverpool bus with all the girls with the curlers in! Love it. 

8 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Always find you get a good party vibe in Oxlyers as well as a little bit more space to move around. 

Oxlyers stinks of shit and piss though unfortunately.