William’s Green 2022

wozwebs

5 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Am I missing something major? They play in Bristol regularly enough for me to know the name, but watched some videos and he's dressed like Elvis, I guess, but doesn't do anything elvissy to nirvana songs, just...sings it.

As with everything (ish), I'm sure it's better live, but they seem to not be doing the gimmick they're advertising? I do not get it.

They do some Elvis/Nirvana mash ups too. But the frontman works the crowd great and if nothing else, they’re a great Nirvana tribute which is no bad thing. Seen them 4 times (I think?) and had a blast at each one.

13 hours ago, Owen4567 said:

I know it’s already been said that it’s usually a band on the way up, but Mystery Jets would be a great secret set for the Thurs night.

They did a secret set in 2019 at The Rabbit Hole at around 2am on the Sat night. That was their only set that weekend so it doesn’t necessarily matter that they’re not on the line-up already.

Yes! They could be a shout for the same slot on Friday for the Transgressive Un-Birthday too, or Let's Eat Grandma who pulled out.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:00 PM, noam c said:

I'm hoping for Fontaines D.C. as a secret guest. How likely is that?

Despite what folk are saying, I feel confident Fontaines will pop up somewhere other than their slot. Not WG though.

Theres speculation that each of the curators will do a short headline slot on their respective day in bbc introducing. If that isn’t the case, i’d say fontaines on the idles day is a possibility. Aside from that maybe strummerville?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Very unlikely as they played 4 times in 2019 as an upcoming band.

They played leftfield in 2019 though which I thought was mental considering they were being hyped as the "must see" band that year and had already knocked it out of the park on the John Peel tent, so williams green wouldn't be that much of stretch

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 6:19 AM, Suprefan said:

Maybe Confidence Man is on WG. They did Crows Nest in 2017 when almost nobody knew who they were so a slightly larger stage might be it for them. Unless they do Crows again.

Hope so as it would solve the Confidence Man vs Crowded House killer clash!