William’s Green 2022

wozwebs

2 minutes ago, noam c said:

I'm hoping for Fontaines D.C. as a secret guest. How likely is that?

I'd say massively unlikely. Refer to my previous comment it's usually a band on the way up on a bit of a buzz with their first album. Yard Act, Sports Team kind of size is what I'd be expecting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd prefer someone else to be honest, they've done it before and hardly the most exciting pick,

I'd actually love if it was them but it's not really the ethos of the slot. I like that bands on the way up get a crazy big enthusiastic crowd. 

I'm surprised The Snuts are on WG. Genuinely thought they'd end up on JP.

As for the secret sets, I like the shout of The Mysterines. I said it in another thread as well, but The Jaded Hearts Club, anyone? Members of Muse, Blur, Last Shadow Puppets, Jet and Zutons playing 60s covers... Previously joined on stage by Macca?

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Ha, fair enough. I did mean to write Franz but they wouldn’t fit with the up and coming idea. Arlo Parks and Sports Team maybe?

Those more along the lines. The Gabriels would be good for me. Would help with clashes later in the festival and already doing multiple gigs. 

From the line up I'd guess at Yard Act, The Gabriels, Sports Team, maybe someone like Inhaler if they are around. Wet Leg would have been the perfect kind of act if they weren't already playing a gig elsewhere. 

I know it’s already been said that it’s usually a band on the way up, but Mystery Jets would be a great secret set for the Thurs night.

They did a secret set in 2019 at The Rabbit Hole at around 2am on the Sat night. That was their only set that weekend so it doesn’t necessarily matter that they’re not on the line-up already.

1 minute ago, Owen4567 said:

I know it’s already been said that it’s usually a band on the way up, but Mystery Jets would be a great secret set for the Thurs night.

They did a secret set in 2019 at The Rabbit Hole at around 2am on the Sat night. That was their only set that weekend so it doesn’t necessarily matter that they’re not on the line-up already.

Would be great. Massively underrated band. Curve of the Earth is such a brilliant album. ❤️

On 5/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Elvana were crazy in 2019 - can’t wait for that one again !!!

Am I missing something major? They play in Bristol regularly enough for me to know the name, but watched some videos and he's dressed like Elvis, I guess, but doesn't do anything elvissy to nirvana songs, just...sings it.

As with everything (ish), I'm sure it's better live, but they seem to not be doing the gimmick they're advertising? I do not get it.

1 hour ago, Lushroom said:

Am I missing something major? They play in Bristol regularly enough for me to know the name, but watched some videos and he's dressed like Elvis, I guess, but doesn't do anything elvissy to nirvana songs, just...sings it.

As with everything (ish), I'm sure it's better live, but they seem to not be doing the gimmick they're advertising? I do not get it.

Elvis fronted Nirvana. They were the best band i saw at glasto 2019 ngl. Better than the killers, foals or the streets

2 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Yeah this was my issue like, decent as a nirvana tribute band but they're nee dread zeppelin like!