Clashtopia 2022

kalifire

1 minute ago, Harry MonkFish said:

There are probably only two or three things that are my "must not miss". And Jamie T is one. Sadly so is McCartney. 

Likewise. Do you know what you'll do?

I'll almost certainly see Paul, as I've never seen him before and have seen Jamie many times. But I'm such a big Jamie T fan, its such a shame to miss him headline the tent.

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Likewise. Do you know what you'll do?

I'll almost certainly see Paul, as I've never seen him before and have seen Jamie many times. But I'm such a big Jamie T fan, its such a shame to miss him headline the tent.

Same here. I don't think I would miss McCartney for anyone. Also the chances of seeing Jamie T are higher (and cheaper) than seeing McCartney. 

I missed Jamie T in 2015 and I'm still a bit gutted about that. 

The Sunday night headliner pile-up (after a quietish day, for me at least) is horrendous... Can't miss Kendrick, but PSB, Charli, Suzanne Vega and Courtney Barnett would all have been in my top ten must-sees. And Big Thief across Haim - O-Rod hurts like hell. Big Thief and Courtney prolly my two favourite acts on the line-up and I imagine I'll end up missing both (albeit seeing Courtney a few days later). Beyond those...

Libertines - Matilda Mann

Crowded House - First Aid Kit

Supergrass - TLC - Sigrid

Matilda Mann - Phoebe Bridgers - Saint Etienne - The Undertones - St. Vincent

Fatboy Slim - Khruangbin - PH & JA - Sugababes - Jon Hopkins - TSHA - Billie / Simz / Primal Scream

Diana Ross - Clairo

But I've no doubt whatsoever that it'll be an absolute ball!

I've learned to accept the clashes over the years. We found ourselves running from one to the other, half a set here and half a set there. Essentially spoiled it for ourselves. Current approach is basically see anyone who you may never get to see again (Macca, Ms Ross) then work out from there. Still one of the best shows our group saw was The Human League at V Festival in about 2009. We had half the group wanting to see one act, half wanted to see another. So we all stuck together and went for a 3rd option, The Human League. One of the most fun shows in about 20 years.

tl:dr Pick and Stick, don't run back and forth.

My only significant clash that I've noticed thus far is Olivia Rodrigo / Leon Bridges. Thankfully not the worst as they don't directly overlap, and Other - West Holts isn't the worst sprint to have to make.

If they keep their setlists pretty static as is, I'll be very happy to witness the first part of O-Rod and the latter half of Leon.

I would love to be brave eneough to hold out on Olivia until deja vu and then just nip to Leon's encore, but I'd really like to see more of him than that.

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Libs vs Damian Marley is a big one.

Both will be a great way to start the festival.

2 minutes ago, swede said:

You could easily see the start of Libs and end of Marley as Libs start earlier. 

No way you'll catch Damian Marley and the Libs.  You might have a chance of catching Ziggy though... 😉

Ignore colours - at this stage I've just highlighted all possibilities. 

My Thursday starts off neatly. Everything on there runs neatly into one another - although obviously I can't teleport so I won't be seeing them all. 

image.thumb.png.9a44f5f1f5e10e4bf82f6a16a009f683.png

Then we hit Clashageddon 

image.thumb.png.8be0cbdeec747746668f63926f1a8611.png

Worst of the weekend in terms of how much fun it'll be is Bob Vylan vs Mandidextrous. 

Haim and Big Thief are looking tight too - seeing both would go a long way to keeping Mrs B happy. Have to leg it from the Pyramid up to the Park 3/4 through Haim. 

To be fair, I don't have many BIG NAME clashes, but lots among acts that I think will be great fun. I'm going to prioritise based on what I think the vibe created for the gig by the stage and likely crowd will be, and whether I'm likely to be able to catch them elsewhere. 

Confess to not understanding folk thinking Libs v Ziggy is even a thing, can’t say I like the Libertines at all but Ziggy, first up on Pyramid.... I think it could be absolutely epic. Check out his latest setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ziggy-marley/2022/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-co-73b48ea9.html

Redemption Song on the Pyramid, beer in hand, sun out, to kick off my festival? All over it.

10 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Confess to not understanding folk thinking Libs v Ziggy is even a thing, can’t say I like the Libertines at all but Ziggy, first up on Pyramid.... I think it could be absolutely epic. Check out his latest setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ziggy-marley/2022/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-co-73b48ea9.html

Redemption Song on the Pyramid, beer in hand, sun out, to kick off my festival? All over it.

OK yeah, that set list is superb. 

Pitching up in Big Ground this year, for the first time ever. 

Might make our decision very easy! 

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

No way you'll catch Damian Marley and the Libs.  You might have a chance of catching Ziggy though... 😉

I wont catch Ziggy or Libs as unfortunately due my wifes ill health i'm not going this year. Fun to still join in on here though  

12 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Why did you have to tell me he does Redemption Song!! I'm meant to be removing clashes not adding them!!! 😄