Full 2022 Lineup & Schedule

Suprefan

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

As a Brass Eye obsessive in the late 90’s, I’m beside myself that Pilton Palais Cinema are screening Oxide Ghosts on Thursday night. It’ll never be released, only screened, and I’ve been watching in envy from Australia as it has toured the UK. Now I get to see a rare screening about one of my favourite comedies at one of my favourite places in the world. Perfection. 

Had tickets for Dublin in March but got covid instead. 

40 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah totally agree, there is loads of indie across the festival. Sounds like they are trolling or aren't keeping up. The cream of the Bbritish Post punk bands are playing with dry cleaning, yard act, wet leg, fontaines dc, idles, black midi,squid  Loads of bigger more mainstream indie rock with Foals,  Wolf Alice, Sam fender, inhaler, blossoms. Some of the older guard supergrass, the libertines, primal scream,  the Jesus and Mary chain, elbow and noel.

And several american indie big hitters like phoebe bridgers, mitski, big thief.

There is a massive amount of indie there this year. 

When they say 'Indie', they mean people stuck in the mid 2000s who exclusively listen to Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, etc. The word indie has become so indelibly tied to them over the last decade and a half with a big subset of millennials. Not this millenial though! I'm all about the current crop that you've mentioned, especially Fontaines, IDLES and Yard Act!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

When they say 'Indie', they mean people stuck in the mid 2000s who exclusively listen to Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, etc. The word indie has become so indelibly tied to them over the last decade and a half with a big subset of millennials. Not this millenial though! I'm all about the current crop that you've mentioned, especially Fontaines, IDLES and Yard Act!

That depends on age, for my age group it means all the Brit pop acts, those slightly old it means Madchester. 

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Will go and see fender as long as he promises not to bring them ridiculous Newcastle flags the last time I saw him, genuinely came close to throwing up 

Me too as you can imagine, with my username ...

• Upvote 1

One man's trash, is another man's treasure.

I always find it a bit redundant to think there's not enough on offer to have a brilliant time at Glasto. At the first poster I thought to myself there's not so much for me this year, but having delved a bit deeper, there's a considerable amount of bands/artists I'd like to see over the three main days now. That's also down to my lack of research due to other commitments, but it's Glastonbury... there's quality all over the place.

Perhaps at a push I'd say that West Holts seems to be lacking (perhaps the wrong word as it sounds too negative) any megastars or legends that they've had in the past (Q-Tip, CeeLo, WuTang, Jaenelle Monae, Lizzo, the Jacksons, Kool & the Gang, plus more), but perhaps that stage is suffering from lack of touring acts or artists having a backlog of their other gigs and tours etc. Even without that element on WH, there's plenty of great bands to have a wicked time there and it's also a chance for future megastars to shine. For example, the Park looks great and I don't normally spend time there that much.

Also, the whole thing is subjective anyway! Please send me a ticket if you'd not like to go after seeing the full line up 😛

1 hour ago, leonaves said:

Okay should be all fixed.

They have already updated the schedule (e.g. new names on Sunday in The Temple) 

Do you think you could re-run the script? 

Amazing job nevertheless, I was convinced I'm going to have to wait another 24hrs before some madman inserts the full line-up. 

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Haha that early run on West Holts of Ishmael Ensemble -> Emma-Jean Thackray -> Nightmares on Wax actually makes it the best early doors for me. The clash of NoW and Herbie Hancock is killer though!

Every single word in this. You have read my mind. Are you me @zeppelin ?

Edited by markussnoopy

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

That's my point though, hardly new and hot music is it? 

IDLES, Supergrass, Fontaines, St Vincent, Foals, Wolf Alice, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers all old hands for UK gigging

Foals have a new album out in the month of the festival and a double album just the other side of c*vid. Which is three albums in a very short time in real terms. How much more current do you want for a headline act. 

22 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Will go and see fender as long as he promises not to bring them ridiculous Newcastle flags the last time I saw him, genuinely came close to throwing up 

😆 im lucky in that i can (kind of) park my football parochialism to one side for the summer, but thats cos im Spurs and seeing arsenal flags etc at glastonbury will now elicit a kind of mild delight in me, because of the last three games of the season. 

But i feel this comment so much 👍

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

does anyone have a link to the clashfinder where you can highlight the acts? It doesn't seem to work for me, maybe I've got it in a different format?...

Go into the clash finder menu choose customise then highlights