Full 2022 Lineup & Schedule

Suprefan

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah think that'll have to be the play. 

Although Haim are ending with Wire/Steps on the current tour and it went off big time when I saw them last month. I'm happy to skip that having seen it but if you've not seen this current tour, it's a fucking cracking finale. 

Seeing them in Manchester in July so thankfully possibly missing some of their set isn’t too much of a heartbreaker for me. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen someone on facebook comment “where is all the indie/rock?”

Fucking hell there’s probably more rock/indie on this lineup than 2019… some people need to stop pretending like they have a clue!

Yeah totally agree, there is loads of indie across the festival. Sounds like they are trolling or aren't keeping up. The cream of the Bbritish Post punk bands are playing with dry cleaning, yard act, wet leg, fontaines dc, idles, black midi,squid  Loads of bigger more mainstream indie rock with Foals,  Wolf Alice, Sam fender, inhaler, blossoms. Some of the older guard supergrass, the libertines, primal scream,  the Jesus and Mary chain, elbow and noel.

And several american indie big hitters like phoebe bridgers, mitski, big thief.

There is a massive amount of indie there this year. 

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah totally agree, there is loads of indie across the festival. Sounds like they are trolling or aren't keeping up. The cream of the Bbritish Post punk bands are playing with dry cleaning, yard act, wet leg, fontaines dc, idles, black midi,squid  Loads of bigger more mainstream indie rock with Foals,  Wolf Alice, Sam fender, inhaler, blossoms. Some of the older guard supergrass, the libertines, primal scream,  the Jesus and Mary chain, elbow and noel.

Exactly - there’s loads. I think that poster walked into an unfortunate trap of exposing himself as uninformed rather than on the money.

7 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

For me, bands that are at other festivals this summer I'd liked to have seen;

King Gizzard, Tropical Fuck Storm, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Strokes, Japanese Breakfast, Tame Impala, Beach House, Gorillaz, Parquet Courts, Alex G, Dinosaur Jr., Rolling Blackouts, Perfume Genius, Fruit Bats, Bright Eyes

But surely this is just a matter of your taste versus someone else's taste? To draw the conclusion that the line up is predictable, not featuring enough bands you can't see elsewhere or too geared towards old bands (I think these are your criticisms?) then to say you'd like to see The Strokes, Gorillaz, Tame Impala and Yeah Yeah Yeahs just doesn't seem to stack up. I'd like to see Another Sky, Howl & The Hum, Luz, National Service, Gerry Cinnamon, Mosa Wild, Man Of Moon, Fews and Sohn. But that's just a wish list of bands I like that aren't at Glasto (least I don't think any of them are!) - the fact they aren't doesn't stop me from thinking it's a great lineup. I think it is and I'm really pleased with it.

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

People who say that kind of stuff are stuck in the mid 00’s and want The Kooks and Fratellis to still be taking up major slots at the festival and Arctic Monkeys to headline every year. 

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

It's nuts isn't it...fully expect to see a fraction of what I'd like to see, but I do have a non-overlapping run from morning til night that in theory is possible but in all likelihood I'll get sidetracked!

The Friday line up at the G is better than most other full festival line ups this year. 4 or 5 stages where i'd happily base myself for the day without moving.

10 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I'd say you'll be able to see all of PB and make it for Seventeen Going Under.  He closed with it this past weekend.  

I once took the kids to see Kasabean on the 2nd stage at Chelmsford while Radiohead were on the main stage (Superdad, huh?). As we left the venue passing near the main stage I heard 'Creep' drifting through the air. Their last song. Believe me, in no way did it make me feel better about missing the rest of the set. You're better off enjoying PB in full and not rushing to catch Sam. Or do it the other way round. But trying to enjoy both - there lies disappointment

Edited by Mackem
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I'd say you'll be able to see all of PB and make it for Seventeen Going Under.  He closed with it this past weekend.  

He did but only because he was late on and had to cut his set short

53 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Oh man where is he playing, had not noticed that. Will clash mind

I can't see him?  (that's Arthur Brown for anyone not scrolling every page of this thread!)

Edited by bexj

Hey, so I've read on here people hoping Wheel Of Four Tunes would be back - but they're not on the line-up as far as I can see. I've never seen it before but is it something like this? These fellas are on at 5am on the Truth Stage on Fri night / Sat morning:

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

People who say that kind of stuff are stuck in the mid 00’s and want The Kooks and Fratellis to still be taking up major slots at the festival and Arctic Monkeys to headline every year. 

Not really. I have no interest in seeing The Kooks or Fratellis lol. I just don't think that much of the indie/rock stuff these days but to be honest I'm older now so.

The fact I'm looking at other events with some of the same but other different acts says to me I'm actually just going to events that cater for me.

Even with these points I do believe before this year the festival are going in a direction that would see me decide my time is done anyway.

16 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

As far as I can see, the vast majority of indie acts that you'd expect to be at a festival that prides itself on being at the cutting edge of British music is on this lineup. You've listed them all there, they're all correct and present on the bill. I think what those people are really saying is either "why aren't there more acts from 2005 on the bill", or "I'm a jealous git without a ticket".

• Like 1

As a Brass Eye obsessive in the late 90’s, I’m beside myself that Pilton Palais Cinema are screening Oxide Ghosts on Thursday night. It’ll never be released, only screened, and I’ve been watching in envy from Australia as it has toured the UK. Now I get to see a rare screening about one of my favourite comedies at one of my favourite places in the world. Perfection. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

For me, bands that are at other festivals this summer I'd liked to have seen;

King Gizzard, Tropical Fuck Storm, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Strokes, Japanese Breakfast, Tame Impala, Beach House, Gorillaz, Parquet Courts, Alex G, Dinosaur Jr., Rolling Blackouts, Perfume Genius, Fruit Bats, Bright Eyes

I like a lot of what you listed, and also a lot of what's on the bill.  I think there's just a lot of good music out there at the moment, and any given roll of the dice has potential for a great lineup.  Also, touring during covid must be an absolute nightmare for those who have to plan everything.  surely there were lot of tough decisions made by both bands and festivals in order to get it to all line up

Friday is absolutely insane but better that is on Friday and not Sunday. Friday we all will be full of energy and over excited so we can enjoy it much more! From what I wanted to see I will only miss Phoebe and Little Simz (I already knew that), which could be way worse.

Friday is absolutely STACKED for me but mostly - somehow - looks like I'm avoiding major clashes. Any clashes I've got are eased by me having seen one of the artists recently, or 

Saturday feels like such a top-heavy day – quiet for me in the day, but late afternoon/evening is absolutely brutal with clashes. Even into the night with various DJ sets and all that.

Super-strong line-up on the whole I think.