Full 2022 Lineup & Schedule

Suprefan

for once i'm very happy with one of the new acts (ziggy marley, he really is very good, check out the video below). he'll be a lovely start to my festival

Just now, Neil said:

for once i'm very happy with one of the new acts (ziggy marley, he really is very good, check out the video below). he'll be a lovely start to my festival

Good chance I’ll see him, great addition.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Agreed. This lineup is head and shoulders above every other major lineup I've seen. My only criticism is how heavily weighted the quality is towards the Friday. My Sunday especially seems a bit light on must see acts. Plenty to see of course, but Friday is so stacked, ideally i'd have seen some of those acts sprinkled across the other two days.

Same but happy with Sunday. Ive stuff I want to see from first thing to the headliners. Usually not the way. A few recent festivals have been a bit of a limp over the line for me.  

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there less bands from across the Atlantic? 

be interesting to see the acts that aren’t playing this year that’s causing the criticism?

Personally, think it’s topper! A lot of missing bands have played the last few years.

For me, bands that are at other festivals this summer I'd liked to have seen;

King Gizzard, Tropical Fuck Storm, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, The Strokes, Japanese Breakfast, Tame Impala, Beach House, Gorillaz, Parquet Courts, Alex G, Dinosaur Jr., Rolling Blackouts, Perfume Genius, Fruit Bats, Bright Eyes

13 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there less bands from across the Atlantic? 

Don’t think so! I mean most of the big acts on the pyramid are American. Perhaps less than usual but the American acts they do have are big ones!

Yeah Ziggy Marley is a cracking opening act. I went to the Grammy museum while I was in California and they've currently got a big Marley family exhibition with some great bits...some of Ziggy's guitars etc. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@Neil funnily enough when I saw his name my first thought was “wow Neil will be happy with that one!” 😂

i'm happy to revisit that video, for those who followed my hospital troubles last year, you might remember i gave the hospital some reggae grooves on occasions, this video was part of that, and i had loads of doctors and nurses and patients tell me how much they enjoyed it, and how good they thought ziggy was, it was nice to brighten the hospital's mood.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Dakhabrakha and Herbie Hancock? Looks good to me. 

12:45 Sunday, the Pyramid is going to be the place to be. Dakhabrakha. For those who don't know them, they're Ukraine's biggest musical export, wear traditional Ukrainian folk outfits and sing ... well it's weird, ethereal, danceable and amazing. I've wanted to see them for a while and missed their Oval Space set last time out. I think the outpouring of love and support will be enormous - even from those for whom the music's not their cup of tea. Bring your Ukraine flag.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

My Sunday especially seems a bit light on must see acts

i say to add nightmares on wax to your sunday must see's. if he's anywhere near as good as last time it'll be superb.

Clashes galore (unavoidable really with the amount of acts booked), but it has worked out pretty well for me (except for Phoebe 😭)

I keep looking at the clash finder trying to convince myself I can see half of Pheebs and still get a good spot for Sam.  I think if I was to go I don't think I would be able to leave half way through anyway.  Cruel stuff.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah Ziggy Marley is a cracking opening act. I went to the Grammy museum while I was in California and they've currently got a big Marley family exhibition with some great bits...some of Ziggy's guitars etc. 

Ziggy plays guitar? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Haim to ORod is gonna be this years Miley to Billie isn't it?

Yeah think I’m gonna have to bin off the end of Haim, or at least position myself at the edge of the crowd ready to leg it to the Other Stage as soon as they finish. Olivia’s crowd is gonna be ginormous.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah think I’m gonna have to bin off the end of Haim, or at least position myself at the edge of the crowd ready to leg it to the Other Stage as soon as they finish. Olivia’s crowd is gonna be ginormous.

Yeah think that'll have to be the play. 

Although Haim are ending with Wire/Steps on the current tour and it went off big time when I saw them last month. I'm happy to skip that having seen it but if you've not seen this current tour, it's a fucking cracking finale. 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Agreed. This lineup is head and shoulders above every other major lineup I've seen. My only criticism is how heavily weighted the quality is towards the Friday. My Sunday especially seems a bit light on must see acts. Plenty to see of course, but Friday is so stacked, ideally i'd have seen some of those acts sprinkled across the other two days.

Couldn't agree more. The Friday line up could pretty much be multi-day festival elsewhere on it's own, it's staggeringly good. If decide to drop Sugababes for Jesus and Mary Chain or Sam Fender, then the logistics become simpler but crikey Friday is good everywhere ALL day. Even Chris Packham in the speakers forum is on the Friday so I'll miss him as well.

Bizarrely I am looking forward to a less stressful saturday where I can take my time to enjoy the quieter areas before probably rocking up to Macca in the evening.