Full 2022 Lineup & Schedule

Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen someone on facebook comment “where is all the indie/rock?”

Fucking hell there’s probably more rock/indie on this lineup than 2019… some people need to stop pretending like they have a clue!

Can you recommend any of the hot right now to check out?

To me most of the rock is stuff that you can see any year in the UK and has played loads over and over (minus Amyl+the sniffers)

Was really hoping for Parquet Courts, Tropical Fuck Storm, King Gizzard, Jack White etc.

22 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I think it's an incredibly mediocre line up to be fair

I had to let go of my Primavera tickets and I'm raging because the line up is soo much better than Glasto this year

I get that everyone has different tastes, but if you can't find some entertainment in the literally hundreds of acts over countless stages here then you're not even trying.  Plus I'd happily go to Glastonbury for the full duration, not see a single musical act and still have the time of my life - it's that good.  Can't really say that about any other festival IMO.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rmartin1803 said:

Anyone know what happened to Jungle ? was really looking forward to seeing them 

They're playing in bristol on Saturday 25th evening so if they're not on the posters they could be a TBC? Hopefully!

5 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can you recommend any of the hot right now to check out?

To me most of the rock is stuff that you can see any year in the UK and has played loads over and over (minus Amyl+the sniffers)

Was really hoping for Parquet Courts, Tropical Fuck Storm, King Gizzard, Jack White etc.

I’d say Sam Fender, Wolf Alice, Foals, St Vincent, IDLES, Supergrass, Noel, HAIM, Fontaines DC, Sea Girls, Phoebe Bridgers, Inhaler, Jamie T, Sports Team is a good start for the indie/rock list. 

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I get that everyone has different tastes, but if you can't find some entertainment in the literally hundreds of acts over countless stages here then you're not even trying.  Plus I'd happily go to Glastonbury for the full duration, not see a single musical act and still have the time of my life - it's that good.  Can't really say that about any other festival IMO.

I mean, I didn't say that at all, there are bands I want to see, but there a lot of big bands that seem like a total miss for me not being on there.

It's my tenth Glasto this year so I'm well aware I'll be having a ball regardless, just seems a bit of an old lineup for me (Primal Scream headlining for example)

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’d say Sam Fender, Wolf Alice, Foals, St Vincent, IDLES, Supergrass, Noel, HAIM, Fontaines DC, Sea Girls, Phoebe Bridgers, Inhaler, Jamie T, Sports Team is a good start for the indie/rock list. 

That's my point though, hardly new and hot music is it? 

IDLES, Supergrass, Fontaines, St Vincent, Foals, Wolf Alice, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers all old hands for UK gigging

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I mean, I didn't say that at all, there are bands I want to see, but there a lot of big bands that seem like a total miss for me not being on there.

It's my tenth Glasto this year so I'm well aware I'll be having a ball regardless, just seems a bit of an old lineup for me (Primal Scream headlining for example)

That jumped out as being a bit odd to me too to be fair.  

• Like 1

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

That's my point though, hardly new and hot music is it? 

IDLES, Supergrass, Fontaines, St Vincent, Foals, Wolf Alice, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers all old hands for UK gigging

Maybe you go to too many gigs and you’ve seen most of the touring acts on the circuit? If you go to gigs and festivals every year there will be a lack of people you’ve not seen before!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe you go to too many gigs and you’ve seen most of the touring acts on the circuit? If you go to gigs and festivals every year there will be a lack of people you’ve not seen before!

I just think there's valid criticism to be had of this lineup, especially when you look at other festivals this year

38 minutes ago, clarkete said:

A tale of two threads:- 

Efests full line up thread "woohoo best line up ever" 

Glastonbury festivals FB post full line up thread "worst line up ever", "I only recognise one act on there", etc

Aye, if they arnt happy they can just piss off and let some of the thousands who can’t get tickets experience the greatest festival in the world. Honestly, some folk are just beyond pleasing. It’s going to be tremendous. 

• Like 1

Is there less bands from across the Atlantic? 

be interesting to see the acts that aren’t playing this year that’s causing the criticism?

Personally, think it’s topper! A lot of missing bands have played the last few years.

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I just think there's valid criticism to be had of this lineup, especially when you look at other festivals this year

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I’d say out of them all Glastonbury has by far the best lineup. Obviously you are allowed to criticise, but I think with less budget they’ve managed to pull something off extremely impressive. 

46 minutes ago, clarkete said:

A tale of two threads:- 

Efests full line up thread "woohoo best line up ever" 

Glastonbury festivals FB post full line up thread "worst line up ever", "I only recognise one act on there", etc

Social media is a binfire shocker.

16 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm with him to be honest. Covering everything music aside that I have done, I'd probably rather go to see the bands I'm interested in at the actual gigs this time round.

I will look for Olivia Rodrigo on twickets closer but she is probably the one that at the festival would be a better option.

Also some of the stuff I can cover at other cheaper day festivals more apt to me.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d say out of them all Glastonbury has by far the best lineup. Obviously you are allowed to criticise, but I think with less budget they’ve managed to pull something off extremely impressive. 

Agreed. This lineup is head and shoulders above every other major lineup I've seen. My only criticism is how heavily weighted the quality is towards the Friday. My Sunday especially seems a bit light on must see acts. Plenty to see of course, but Friday is so stacked, ideally i'd have seen some of those acts sprinkled across the other two days.