Knives (for cooking)

PassingCloud

Just searched the T&Cs and not mentioned. 
I suspect it’d be allowed if you provide a decent explanation, but you’ll be depending on the prejudices of security as it’ll be on their discretion. If you’re young and have a particular regional accent it’ll get confiscated. In your 50s and look like you exclusively drink real ale and Horlicks and they’ll let it slide. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Just searched the T&Cs and not mentioned. 
I suspect it’d be allowed if you provide a decent explanation, but you’ll be depending on the prejudices of security as it’ll be on their discretion. If you’re young and have a particular regional accent it’ll get confiscated. In your 50s and look like you exclusively drink real ale and Horlicks and they’ll let it slide. 

43 with a kid. I’m sure it’ll be ok. Anyway there’s probably not much chopping to be done with a pot noodle. If it gets confiscated I’ll chop things with a spoon. 

I think you'll be fine 🙂 If all your rucksack contained other than the knife was balloons, whipped cream canisters, and a suspicious amount of Pringles cans with the top foil glued back on then it'd probably be a different story, but I'm sure if you get searched the security person will use their discretion.

• 7 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 8:19 AM, PassingCloud said:

43 with a kid. I’m sure it’ll be ok. Anyway there’s probably not much chopping to be done with a pot noodle. If it gets confiscated I’ll chop things with a spoon. 

Can you get a round ended serrated knife? I'd think that would be more acceptable, and easier to justify for food prep.

2 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Do you get notified if I click on 'report?'  I used to do it for obvious spammers and bots, but it was never clear that these were going through to anyone so I gave up a few years back.

Don't think you get notified back from a report  but they do get seen and acted on. 

42 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

So, what’s the point of his spamming? I assumed spammers would be trying to direct traffic to another site or something?

We'll never find out with that one as he/she/it has been booted before they got the chance, but their usual modus operandi is to post a bit of inane drivel on a few threads before starting to drop in links to whatever they're spamming.  One recent example kept posting links to something that purported to be an essay-writing website, but which is more likely to have been a malicious link in disguise - I'll never find out as I'll never click on one.  They often resurrect dormant threads to add a completely inane mix of Google Translate and AI, and this is so conspicuous/incompetent that it makes me assume it's just the work of bots programmed to churn out a set number of fake discussion posts before inserting the links.  They must have a reasonable success rate because people seem to just carry on with the discussion, even when it's a thread from several years ago that's been resurrected for no reason.

28 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

We'll never find out with that one as he/she/it has been booted before they got the chance, but their usual modus operandi is to post a bit of inane drivel on a few threads before starting to drop in links to whatever they're spamming.  One recent example kept posting links to something that purported to be an essay-writing website, but which is more likely to have been a malicious link in disguise - I'll never find out as I'll never click on one.  They often resurrect dormant threads to add a completely inane mix of Google Translate and AI, and this is so conspicuous/incompetent that it makes me assume it's just the work of bots programmed to churn out a set number of fake discussion posts before inserting the links.  They must have a reasonable success rate because people seem to just carry on with the discussion, even when it's a thread from several years ago that's been resurrected for no reason.

Interesting, and weird! The internet is an odd place.

Cheers for the explanation though!

1 hour ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I’ve no idea if they do … continuing an old discussion surely doesn’t matter it’s the clicking on the links that does … I quite often delete stuff before it gets reported it’s all very weird 

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve no idea if they do … continuing an old discussion surely doesn’t matter it’s the clicking on the links that does … I quite often delete stuff before it gets reported it’s all very weird 

Agree that there's no harm in genuinely resurrecting an old discussion - in fact, it's a good thing as it shows someone has taken the time to search for an answer rather than just start yet another 'are we allowed to visit the farm when the festival isn't on?'  thread...  It's when a 10 year-old thread is resurrected by someone who's apparently desperate to say something along the lines of  "hey mates, this topic is very excellent, thank you please" that the alarm bells start ringing.

Here's an example of what I was talking about in my previous response: a thread which appears to be entirely populated with (and created by?) spam-bots.  You'll notice that the last inane post has been edited, and I'm pretty sure that will have been to include the link - which, in my opinion, you'd have to be extremely daft to click on:

2 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Agree that there's no harm in genuinely resurrecting an old discussion - in fact, it's a good thing as it shows someone has taken the time to search for an answer rather than just start yet another 'are we allowed to visit the farm when the festival isn't on?'  thread...  It's when a 10 year-old thread is resurrected by someone who's apparently desperate to say something along the lines of  "hey mates, this topic is very excellent, thank you please" that the alarm bells start ringing.

Here's an example of what I was talking about in my previous response: a thread which appears to be entirely populated with (and created by?) spam-bots.  You'll notice that the last inane post has been edited, and I'm pretty sure that will have been to include the link - which, in my opinion, you'd have to be extremely daft to click on:

Yeah indeed lots of links there I’d not come across … deleted now 

2 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Spam or no spam there great knives and forks lolol 

I got banned for post pictures of my own paintings of Glastonbury.. 

Niel thought I was........ Spamming........... 

This can be a strange place.... But hey we all have a choice to be on here. 

I came back just so I could say hi to certain people but I choose not to be here everyday all day like I was.. 

Funny enough even to see how that miserable old son Neil is lololol 

Still one last glasto and I'm finished.... (  apart from the misses wants to steward it.) 

G