Knives (for cooking)

PassingCloud

Just searched the T&Cs and not mentioned. 
I suspect it’d be allowed if you provide a decent explanation, but you’ll be depending on the prejudices of security as it’ll be on their discretion. If you’re young and have a particular regional accent it’ll get confiscated. In your 50s and look like you exclusively drink real ale and Horlicks and they’ll let it slide. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Just searched the T&Cs and not mentioned. 
I suspect it’d be allowed if you provide a decent explanation, but you’ll be depending on the prejudices of security as it’ll be on their discretion. If you’re young and have a particular regional accent it’ll get confiscated. In your 50s and look like you exclusively drink real ale and Horlicks and they’ll let it slide. 

43 with a kid. I’m sure it’ll be ok. Anyway there’s probably not much chopping to be done with a pot noodle. If it gets confiscated I’ll chop things with a spoon. 

I think you'll be fine 🙂 If all your rucksack contained other than the knife was balloons, whipped cream canisters, and a suspicious amount of Pringles cans with the top foil glued back on then it'd probably be a different story, but I'm sure if you get searched the security person will use their discretion.