See Coach Ticket vs Flight Monday

Hey everyone

This'll be my 15th Glastonbury, just looking for some advice.

We got the See coach tickets and our return coach time on the Monday is 2.30pm. Unfortunately this means we'd miss our Monday night flight home from Gatwick.

Weighing up whether to book the train or chance it and see if they let us on an earlier See coach. Thoughts? 

36 minutes ago, SallyAtGlasto said:

Hey everyone

We got the See coach tickets and our return coach time on the Monday is 2.30pm. Unfortunately this means we'd miss our Monday night flight home from Gatwick.

Weighing up whether to book the train or chance it and see if they let us on an earlier See coach. Thoughts? 

With flights booked you need certainty so winging it is a major risk. Booking the train would provide greater certainty.....note there is a potential train strike looming 🤔

• Thanks 1

In the past, See Tickets hasn't checked return times on London coaches.  They just keep rolling up busses and loading people on.  You could probably show up at 9 AM or whatever, act like you belonged there, and get on the next available bus.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:11 AM, Butterz said:

In the past, See Tickets hasn't checked return times on London coaches.  They just keep rolling up busses and loading people on.  You could probably show up at 9 AM or whatever, act like you belonged there, and get on the next available bus.

May even be worth going a bit earlier than that - by 9am or so there'll likely start to be a queue building with people who missed their early morning coach turning up so even "next available" may end up with a decent wait.

Going at about 6 - painful as it would be - would mean getting ahead of all that and getting off site sharpish.

On 5/27/2022 at 5:44 PM, SallyAtGlasto said:

Hey everyone

You will have no problem getting on an earlier See coach, especially as you have a ticket. I have never had a London ticket checked the various times I've used them and always turned up at random times. They just want everyone off site and they are not going to hold you back.

I would suggest getting there early - 6/7 as you will get straight on and straight out, missing stressful queues. If you can hack it, go for the pack up on Sunday and power through the night option.