Sunday Ticket Confusion!

HevC

Hey all! We have local Sunday tickets for the first time this year, getting the coach in from Street, but clueless about the details/logistics...Can anyone please help with the questions below:

1. I assume we can stay overnight?

2. Will there be coaches running from the festival back to Street on Monday morning?

3. Will our Sunday tickets allow us on these services?

Fingers crossed it's a YES to all three! 😄Thanks so much in advance x

23 minutes ago, HevC said:

Hey all! We have local Sunday tickets for the first time this year, getting the coach in from Street, but clueless about the details/logistics...Can anyone please help with the questions below:

1. I assume we can stay overnight?

2. Will there be coaches running from the festival back to Street on Monday morning?

3. Will our Sunday tickets allow us on these services?

Fingers crossed it's a YES to all three! 😄Thanks so much in advance x

Local here, i've got the Sunday bus several times from local areas.

1. Yes you can stay overnight, that said my wife came for the Sunday and had her pillow taken by security on entry and was told she couldn't stay. I'm convinced it was some bored jobsworth, she stayed anyway but perhaps don't carry any bedding loosely.

2. Yes, see Gooner's post above

3. Yes, I believe some of these services are paid for(?) so maybe bring some cash but we've never had a problem.

Hope this helps!

Edited by discgoesmic

Done the Sunday loads of times 

Agree with the other answers but when you book the tickets it asks if you want to return on the 10.30pm bus or the 12.30am one. With this in mind I presume that those are the only buses that are paid for.

Cant imagine a bus from Pilton to Street will be very expensive anyway.

Edited by rivalschools.price

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you need to catch a bus ... so its from whenever that arrives 

When I’ve stayed at B&W there always seemed to be lots of freshly dressed people being dropped off on the Sunday, so I assumed it was Sunday ticket holders. And as that shuttle bus is 24hrs, maybe they can get in at 00:01??

We've done Sunday loads of times, we've come back on the last bus (00:30ish), we've also bought a parking ticket and just driven and left as we liked or been dropped off and cadged a lift home with friends; last time we parked in Ashcombe and booked a car for the last viewing in Cinerarmageddon (sp?) and got a couple hours kip before heading off.

The last 'Sunday ticket bus' maybe 00:30 but I think you could get a bus up until about 02:30 for a coupla quid, or party 'till 06:00/06:30 when the normal busses start again.

Prior to the festival I got a quote for an emergency taxi from Pilton to Glastonbury at 04:00 and was told plenty availability, cost ~£25 (2019).

Sunday tickets are awesome, no stress - rock-in, rock-on, rock-out.!

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

When I’ve stayed at B&W there always seemed to be lots of freshly dressed people being dropped off on the Sunday, so I assumed it was Sunday ticket holders. And as that shuttle bus is 24hrs, maybe they can get in at 00:01??

Pretty sure they need to get in on a scheduled service from local towns ... dont think they start that early ... 

15 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

I've known people get in previously at 00:01 but my last Sunday ticket stated valid from 11:00 (or maybe 10). 

Yeah I had a mate who got in at middnight on Saturday before on his Sunday ticket.

Price of them nowadays, i'd be doing the same! 

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah I had a mate who got in at middnight on Saturday before on his Sunday ticket.

Price of them nowadays, i'd be doing the same! 

If it was me I would be in at midnight and straight down to the SE Corner!  

Effectively gain another night out of it!

7 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Presumably you mean midnight Sunday? 

Aha, it's technicalities isn't it?

I'd say midnight Saturday but others might say midnight Sunday.

Have I been saying it wrong?! What's the right way of saying it?! 

18 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

If it was me I would be in at midnight and straight down to the SE Corner!  

Effectively gain another night out of it!

Same. Midnight to 6am in the SEC. 6-8 at the Stone Circle. 8-12 Kip in a shady spot in the healing fields. Back up and partying from midday Sunday until you drop on Monday morning. 

Thanks for all the replies! 🙂 Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I thought Sunday tickets were like coach tickets in that you have to arrive by your allocated coach (I think ours is 9.30 from Street) How can we get into the festival earlier than that?

I don’t know the answer to other questions but there’s no way they can kick you out after headliners so may as well stay and rave. 

I love the Sunday people… they make me feel gloriously dirty and broken 😂

4 hours ago, HevC said:

Thanks for all the replies! 🙂 Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I thought Sunday tickets were like coach tickets in that you have to arrive by your allocated coach (I think ours is 9.30 from Street) How can we get into the festival earlier than that?

I presume that if you’ve taken delivery of your physical ticket beforehand then you can roll up to the festival any way you like. I thinK coach tickets are only distributed once you’re actually on the coach and on your way of that makes sense.