Advice needed on where to park to meet someone already in the festival that needs to come and get in my van.

med

I'm going to be arriving in my van on the Thursday to camp in the East campervan fields, the campervan ticket is in my son's name, however, he's going up to the festival on the Wednesday, so I need to meet him when I get there.. Can anyone please recommend the best place to pick him up in the van, so that he can be in it for when I enter the campervan field?   Is there a pick up point anywhere maybe?  I'm thinking if I head straight to the campervan fields the stewards might take my ticket away if he's not in the van, and I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting for him to appear 🙂  

he can walk to the East Campervan entry point no problem and meet you as you drive in i think it is Pylle Lane. Just make sure you keep in touch so he is there in good time, it is about 60 min walk from gate A. It is near the entrance of field E25 usually. 

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Surely he needs to get a pass out at Gate C and walk through the campervan fields to the entry gate?

Yes should have added that! but that is straightforward everyone in the camper van field does that every day. He will be able to show his parents on the way back in!

Edited by redrobrob

1 hour ago, med said:

Thanks everyone for your advice, will it be about a 20 minute walk from gate c to the exit of camper van field do you think? 

maximum, we usually stay in E25, its up the hill. then left through about 3 fields. once he has a pass out to go to the camper fields it should be no more than 15/20 mins to get to the entrance route and meet you  on the way in... loads of stewards will be around and they can guide him to where you will be coming in and you can meet him and he can jump in..

Good luck!

I think you may be over worrying on this one..

given he is your son, I assume he shares the same surname.??

if his ticket says Ted Med and yours says Fred Med I wouldn’t think they will take a second look… take a photo of the 2 of you smiling and holding up your tickets and they will spot that he isn’t in the van with you…