Official Block 9 2022

Suprefan

13 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Any recommendations for techno names/any "harder" stuff @bennyhana22 ? Either Block9 or anywhere else.

Unfortunately not going this year myself, but a few friends going and looking for hard/industrial type stuff!

Giant Swan would be a definite!

Not going, gd? Nooooo 😱

Aww, that's a shame.

In terms of hard techno, I think there's very little tbh. Not a tragedy for me, of course, as my thoughts on the harderer and fasterer trend of techno recently is well documented! So, if they're looking for the Perc Trax/999999999/I Hate Models kind of vibe, I don't think there is much of that.

I guess Nina K (controversial, I acknowledge, and she's cancelled recent appearances, so she's not a given...) can go hard at times, and Arcadia might suit that for her. Giant Swan, obviously. Blawan is playing in The Common, but being b2b with LCY, and in that area. I don't know what the hell he'll play. Pariah, as @Tommy Dickfingers mentioned, can obviously go hard as half of Karenn. His set with Pangaea should give your gang something good. Sama' Abdulhadi from Palestine plays varying sets, but if she's on IICON I expect her to throw down some pretty heavy techno for the whole set. She's fantastic and a dance must-see for me.

But, there is loads of really good stuff in terms of techno. IMOGEN, FJAAK, Elli Acula in the Common; LSDXOXO, Steffi, Partok, Sadef Adasi (newest Bargain resident) in Block9, Batu in Silver Hayes, and anyone who really loves techno would be a fool not to consider Jopkins on the Spider. If it's anything like the 2017 set, Oh My Days.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Interesting how Genosys will apparently be paying homage to free party rave culture, when most of the attendees who pay to go to the festival would have been shit scared to go to one of those events, and get all chuffed when it is announced Dolly Parton will play. 

what a bizzare take.

31 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Interesting how Genosys will apparently be paying homage to free party rave culture, when most of the attendees who pay to go to the festival would have been shit scared to go to one of those events, and get all chuffed when it is announced Dolly Parton will play. 

Interesting how some people are so judgmental and intolerant so as not to allow people just to be themselves, and celebrate the fact that we're not, in fact, all the same and that the world is a better place as a result.

It's almost as if it would be untenable for someone who was at Castlemorton also to be excited to see Dolly on the line-up.

Ho hum, eh?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

what a bizzare take.

What is bizarre is the route the festival has gone down where it builds Fort Knox style walls to keep people out, books pop stars to play the mainstage, allows bar vendors to charge people £6 for a plastic cup of beer, and most recently put QR codes on wristbands so people can no longer sort their mates out, yet still claims to be in tune with underground, free party rave culture. Do you not understands the sad irony of that?

18 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

What is bizarre is the route the festival has gone down where it builds Fort Knox style walls to keep people out, books pop stars to play the mainstage, allows bar vendors to charge people £6 for a plastic cup of beer, and most recently put QR codes on wristbands so people can no longer sort their mates out, yet still claims to be in tune with underground, free party rave culture. Do you not understands the sad irony of that?

you are right , should give free entry, drinks  and book everyones favourite acts only.

its just paying homeage to the culture, not imitating or pretending to.  great they built the wall to keep out the whingers i think

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

you are right , should give free entry, drinks  and book everyones favourite acts only.

its just paying homeage to the culture, not imitating or pretending to.  great they built the wall to keep out the whingers i think

Very immature response. And if you refer to me as a 'whinger', well, the wall doesn't keep me out mate. Just makes it a bit harder to get in. 

Who are they booking anyway to 'pay homeage'? Probably people like the notorious old skool house DJ Jamie Jones who was barely out of nappies during Castlemorton. 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Not going, gd? Nooooo 😱

Aww, that's a shame.

In terms of hard techno, I think there's very little tbh. Not a tragedy for me, of course, as my thoughts on the harderer and fasterer trend of techno recently is well documented! So, if they're looking for the Perc Trax/999999999/I Hate Models kind of vibe, I don't think there is much of that.

I guess Nina K (controversial, I acknowledge, and she's cancelled recent appearances, so she's not a given...) can go hard at times, and Arcadia might suit that for her. Giant Swan, obviously. Blawan is playing in The Common, but being b2b with LCY, and in that area. I don't know what the hell he'll play. Pariah, as @Tommy Dickfingers mentioned, can obviously go hard as half of Karenn. His set with Pangaea should give your gang something good. Sama' Abdulhadi from Palestine plays varying sets, but if she's on IICON I expect her to throw down some pretty heavy techno for the whole set. She's fantastic and a dance must-see for me.

But, there is loads of really good stuff in terms of techno. IMOGEN, FJAAK, Elli Acula in the Common; LSDXOXO, Steffi, Partok, Sadef Adasi (newest Bargain resident) in Block9, Batu in Silver Hayes, and anyone who really loves techno would be a fool not to consider Jopkins on the Spider. If it's anything like the 2017 set, Oh My Days.

Ben

Oh my, Jopkins on the spider was something else. Another occasion where none of my mates wanted to come and they missed the set of the weekend. He's more than earned my attendance this year. 

11 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Very immature response. And if you refer to me as a 'whinger', well, the wall doesn't keep me out mate. Just makes it a bit harder to get in. 

Who are they booking anyway to 'pay homeage'? Probably people like the notorious old skool house DJ Jamie Jones who was barely out of nappies during Castlemorton. 

stop whinging and dont go

3 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Imagine spending your Sunday afternoon on a forum moaning about a festival you hate.

Anyways, the plans for this year sound amazing. Just hope its not too much of a nightmare to see some of the bigger names!

It probably will be, there is always queues for places like NYC Downlow but that is not surprising when every Guardian reader this side of Hertfordshire wants to 'experience' it after reading articles like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/26/inside-glastonbury-nyc-downlow-80s-warehouses-drag-queens-gay-butchers

48 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

So you still havent understood the irony, never mind. Ill certainly be going, Glastonbury is a tidy little earner for me, if you know what i mean 😉

the irony you are complaing about a festival trying to not let pepple in for free and you are going to the same festival and not giving away your drugs for free? yeah man i get it.

• Upvote 1

So, there's 4 blue venue markers in Block 9.

NYC Downlow / Meatrack
Genosys Soundsystem (Bus)
IICON

What's the other one?  (used to be where London Underground was?) 

Block9.JPG