Official Block 9 2022

Suprefan

19 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I saw someone mention it could be the bus they used in the live at worthy farm show where honey Dijon and roisin Murphy played. 

Really disappointing if so as Genosys is one of my favourite stages. Guess this is one of the signs of budgets being tighter after covid, although I don’t understand why having the normal Genosys stage would cost much given it already exists so surely just needs to be set up? I could be massively missing the point here so if anyone could explain to me why it would be expensive to install the usual Genosys I’m all ears! 

I'm guessing (with blind hope and expectation) that there is no way the beautiful, video-mapped, foggy green behemoth will be anything other than present and correct. If it isn't, I will be going bloody ballistic!

Ben

• Upvote 1

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

I'm guessing (with blind hope and expectation) that there is no way the beautiful, video-mapped, foggy green behemoth will be anything other than present and correct. If it isn't, I will be going bloody ballistic!

Ben

Yup, same! 

It's become my go-to location if I'm not sure where I should be early hours so would be devastated to see it gone. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Never heard of Hot Chip? 

It's not Hot Chip really though, it's a mystery meat DJ set. I love that band, but this billing really pisses me off when it could be any 1, 2 or 3 out of 5 different people playing records in some unknown style that it's just a really crap thing to put on the bill.

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I can’t see why they’d call it Genosys, if it’s not actually Genosys. That just causes trouble! Sure, Honey Dijons bus might be there, but I’d like to guess it’s in addition to the big boy. 

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No. More. Upvotes. Left. Today.

Ben
x

Done for you. Made me laugh. One of my mates has every conceivable item in his bag at all times. We call him Mikey Poppins 😂

Just now, stuie said:

I can’t see why they’d call it Genosys, if it’s not actually Genosys. That just causes trouble! Sure, Honey Dijons bus might be there, but I’d like to guess it’s in addition to the big boy. 

Done for you. Made me laugh. One of my mates has every conceivable item in his bag at all times. We call him Mikey Poppins 😂

I love my bag. I can leave camp at 10.30am, return at 7am the next morning and have everything in it I need, and it doesn't impair my dancing or knock into anyone on the dance floors.

I'm looking at you, backpackers!

Ben

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Bad news I’m afraid guys

268B923C-068E-40E8-9892-4D00A04B68CD.jpeg

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I love my bag. I can leave camp at 10.30am, return at 7am the next morning and have everything in it I need, and it doesn't impair my dancing or knock into anyone on the dance floors.

I'm looking at you, backpackers!

Ben

When I'm in a crowd my bag is in my hands and then by my feet, but so I can still dance 😊

4 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Bad news I’m afraid guys

Well this is a blow. 

9 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Bad news I’m afraid guys

Ah man… this is sad. Does anyone have any pictures of this bus? 

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They've changed venues before, Sonic is totally different these days for instance.

Well, there’s changing the shape of a standard stage and then there’s changing the Genosys tower for a bus! 

5 minutes ago, t0paz said:

The photo is from the live stream, yeah

Yeah. It will be better with a real crowd instead of fake choreographed NYC dancers! 

• Like 1