Official Block 9 2022

Suprefan

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh damn if that’s accurate then Overmono is gonna be unmissable. They better not stick them on during the day or something so I end up missing them. 

Was just saying this to a mate. If they're on at like 2/3am it would be wild. 

6 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

for one year only Castle Morton will be specifically remembered

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It says it clearly in that paragraph. Theyre paying tribute to when the Castlemorton rave happened which imposed the anti raves laws passed in the 90's and drove dance music further into the counter culture. Theyre gonna do some crazy thing I bet for that.

I see, thanks! 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That’s certainly a more commercial group of acts than IICON had last time round.

It is - and the AV show sounds incredible presumably that would be the opening thing once it is dark? I can’t remember when it was on in 2019.

Just now, FrancisH said:

So last time I went I was gutted to miss some acts I really wanted to see because I was queuing - If one wanted to see Hot Chip for example what do we reckon is the acceptable arrival time to actually get in? one hour before?

It won’t be Hot Chip it’ll be one of them DJing. 

Genuine question coming from someone who has no knowledge of the genres… is their a booking big enough to fill Iicon in there? It’s a huge old space but was rarely busy in 2019.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind but it’s odd they make such a big area compared to the other SE places.

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Genuine question coming from someone who has no knowledge of the genres… is their a booking big enough to fill Iicon in there? It’s a huge old space but was rarely busy in 2019.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind but it’s odd they make such a big area compared to the other SE places.

Sherelle, Overmono & LSDXOXO will pull decent crowds in I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Overmono will be busy.

1 hour ago, 5co77ie said:

Am I understanding it correctly that Genosys soundsystem will be different to the old Genosys in terms of the stage itself? The article says from a vintage coach, so does that mean the Genosys of old won’t be there? 

6 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

that's why there's more fade haircuts and bum bags at GF each year 😂

Oh give over. It’s hardly an Elrow lineup is it. And don’t be so judgmental.

• Upvote 10

10 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Am I understanding it correctly that Genosys soundsystem will be different to the old Genosys in terms of the stage itself? The article says from a vintage coach, so does that mean the Genosys of old won’t be there? 

Could be this (@2:15):

Edited by FLB

Do we think the Genosys Soundsystem means the actual Genosys structure is being replaced by something more resembling their Mobile Soundsystem that Gideon and the guys use for the Trafalgar Square protests? Would be a shame to lose that madness of a stage and light show but the new name threw me a bit.

ignore - just seen it’s been asked. We shall see

Edited by frozenfish

2 minutes ago, frozenfish said:

Do we think the Genosys Soundsystem means the actual Genosys structure is being replaced by something more resembling their Mobile Soundsystem that Gideon and the guys use for the Trafalgar Square protests? Would be a shame to lose that madness of a stage and light show but the new name threw me a bit.

ignore - just seen it’s been asked. We shall see

I saw someone mention it could be the bus they used in the live at worthy farm show where honey Dijon and roisin Murphy played. 

Really disappointing if so as Genosys is one of my favourite stages. Guess this is one of the signs of budgets being tighter after covid, although I don’t understand why having the normal Genosys stage would cost much given it already exists so surely just needs to be set up? I could be massively missing the point here so if anyone could explain to me why it would be expensive to install the usual Genosys I’m all ears! 

9 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I saw someone mention it could be the bus they used in the live at worthy farm show where honey Dijon and roisin Murphy played. 

Really disappointing if so as Genosys is one of my favourite stages. Guess this is one of the signs of budgets being tighter after covid, although I don’t understand why having the normal Genosys stage would cost much given it already exists so surely just needs to be set up? I could be massively missing the point here so if anyone could explain to me why it would be expensive to install the usual Genosys I’m all ears! 

hoping we get both, would be a shame to see genosys in its 'classic' edition have to go!