Bristol Airport - cab share?

Sara77

1 hour ago, Sara77 said:

Or failing that - tell me how to get there?! 😂

Bristol Airport Flyer to Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Bus Station.  Then shuttle to fest or train to Castle Cary from BTM, or National Express from bus station.  Up to you.  Look at website for transport options from Bristol.

I'd keep an eye out at the boarding gate beforehand, looking for other likely festival goers - there's a decent chance you won't be the only one on the flight. Even if you are, do likewise in the baggage claim area as there may be people coming off other flights headed to the Festival.

Would think that if you can find someone (even just one person) then sharing a Taxi to the site is a better option than travelling into Bristol - you're already arriving "late", so presumably you don't want to lose an extra 2+ hours mucking about with some combination of shuttle buses, coaches, and trains.

Tbh if it came in under about 60 quid, I'd consider the Taxi on my own, but I suspect that these days it's probably a bit more than that.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, incident said:

I'd keep an eye out at the boarding gate beforehand, looking for other likely festival goers - there's a decent chance you won't be the only one on the flight. Even if you are, do likewise in the baggage claim area as there may be people coming off other flights headed to the Festival.

Would think that if you can find someone (even just one person) then sharing a Taxi to the site is a better option than travelling into Bristol - you're already arriving "late", so presumably you don't want to lose an extra 2+ hours mucking about with some combination of shuttle buses, coaches, and trains.

Tbh if it came in under about 60 quid, I'd consider the Taxi on my own, but I suspect that these days it's probably a bit more than that.

Might not be too bad cost wise - my wife's best friend got a taxi from NW Bristol to PGA for £50 in 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sara77 said:

I am landing at Bristol Airport on the Thursday at 2pm - I was wondering if anyone would like to share a taxi direct to the festival site?

Or failing that - tell me how to get there?! 😂

We arrive a day before you - booked taxi from airport via https://www.minicabit.com/ - hope that helps.

Edited by blakester
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Fastlane Airport Taxi

We provide the best price for Airport Taxis and Transfers with up to 40% cheaper rates when compared to other taxi firms. Fastlane Airport Taxis is the name of excellence, reliability, and safest airport taxi and transfer service in the UK. Fastlane Airport Taxi has an unmatched stature with respect to reliability and premium quality airport taxi service. It has an expert team of professional drivers who ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Fastlane Airport Taxis is the primary and standout service for airport taxis. Our mission is to empower travellers by providing cheaper, reliable, and comfortable airport transfers and taxi services.

Visit Website: https://fastlaneairporttaxis.co.uk/

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:49 PM, blakester said:

Thanks all. Really appreciate all the replies. Now getting a bit more organised. Flights and taxis booked - and have arranged to share with @Johndenis - we got 6 seater for £68; between 4 of us.

Starting to get a bit excited now...

Hey @blakester! How was it getting the return taxi from Glasto to Bristol Airport?

I'm thinking of getting a flight back home departing at 8AM from Bristol Airport on Monday, so I'm wondering if you would recommend your experience! Thanks in advance 🙂 

2 hours ago, hoppi27 said:

Hey @blakester! How was it getting the return taxi from Glasto to Bristol Airport?

I'm thinking of getting a flight back home departing at 8AM from Bristol Airport on Monday, so I'm wondering if you would recommend your experience! Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hello - lucky you getting tickets. We tried and failed.

taxi return was easy. We’d been in touch with driver via text and they were reliable. Only thing to mention is that taxis can’t come all the way into site. You have to get bus to pickup area. But it was good - would recommend.

• 1 month later...

Hey - 2 of us flying in and out from Belfast, would be happy to share a taxi if it suited anyone else also. Leaving the airport about 9am Weds and leaving festival about 8/9am on the Monday, can be a bit flexible on the times also provided it's still within flight times obviously. 

Thanks 👍

There's regular and reliable buses from the airport to Bristol temple meads station where you can get a bus to the festival