Worthy View/Sticklinch wristbands

t0paz

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t work out at what point you show your ticket and get your wristband for WV/SL?

In previous years for WV, do you park up in the WV car park and then get your ticket checked and wrist band before entering the tent field? Or is the wristband only given out when going through the main fence entrance, past the tents?

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t work out at what point you show your ticket and get your wristband for WV/SL?

In previous years for WV, do you park up in the WV car park and then get your ticket checked and wrist band before entering the tent field? Or is the wristband only given out when going through the main fence entrance, past the tents?

Previously in WV you park, show your ticket and WV barcode and you get a wristband (years ago you got a separate wristband for WV but now it’s just one). You then enter the site at the bottom of the steps into Pennard Hill gate. To return you show it at the gate and then at the top of the steps to enter WV

32 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Previously in WV you park, show your ticket and WV barcode and you get a wristband (years ago you got a separate wristband for WV but now it’s just one). You then enter the site at the bottom of the steps into Pennard Hill gate. To return you show it at the gate and then at the top of the steps to enter WV

Useful information thanks. So can you not get 'onto' Worthy View / Sticklinch without an appropriate wristband? No visitors / guests? 

6 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Ok, thanks. So is there a security/wristband check when going back to the car, if you need to? I guess there must be

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Useful information thanks. So can you not get 'onto' Worthy View / Sticklinch without an appropriate wristband? No visitors / guests? 

No. If your tent is under capacity, say two of you in a four person tent you could add two more names but they would have to be wristbanded there on entry 

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Ok, thanks. So is there a security/wristband check when going back to the car, if you need to? I guess there must be

Yes WV has its own “gate” back into the car park too. You can come and go freely, hopefully this year without pass out slips (just a wristband, they take your ticket from you). There is a fast track lane on Wednesday/Thursday to avoid queues 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:48 AM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Yes WV has its own “gate” back into the car park too. You can come and go freely, hopefully this year without pass out slips (just a wristband, they take your ticket from you). There is a fast track lane on Wednesday/Thursday to avoid queues 

Are the queues to get into WV / Sticklinch that bad? 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:48 AM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Is the fast track lane you're referring to at the Gate A?

1 hour ago, carriecharl said:

Any ideas when we might get more info on Sticklinch/WV? Staying in Sticklinch and curious about a shuttle from Ped gate A. 

Emails with the full details about Sticklinch should be with us soon. All information to date says there will not be a shuttle to Sticklinch from Gate A. You will need to walk across the site. 

18 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Emails with the full details about Sticklinch should be with us soon. All information to date says there will not be a shuttle to Sticklinch from Gate A. You will need to walk across the site. 

There’s a sticklinch group on Facebook who have emailed re further details, sounds similar to WV but no shuttle unfortunately. Would advise you to make use of the lock ups en route to leave some stuff and go back later for it. Have never come by coach but the shuttle queue to WV always looked long…

Has anyone heard anything about either accommodation yet?

Double checked my Sticklinch email confirmation and we were due info in May about the accommodation. So just wondering if anyone has received anything this week? Or if I am not alone in my state of whats going on-ness and should wait til after the bank holiday

27 minutes ago, TeaCosy said:

Double checked my Sticklinch email confirmation and we were due info in May about the accommodation. So just wondering if anyone has received anything this week? Or if I am not alone in my state of whats going on-ness and should wait til after the bank holiday

No, I’m sure when the info is emailed it will be posted everywhere. WV info tended to be about two weeks before. You get specific driving instructions and barcodes for guests etc. tbh other info was fairly sparse until you got there. Tents were pre allocated, parking at the direction of the stewards. Showers opened at 7am and again in the evening I think. sticklinch is a mystery to all as it’s the first year in that site

7 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Just posted this over in chat but for your info: received the email on 12th June in 2019 and the tent number on 24th with this map of WV

9881DA8B-F458-496E-B6AC-D1BA1A2D4948.jpeg

Ah this is super useful to know that it was on that date. Thanks 🙂
I think as the confirmation email said May that set in my natural state of panic as nothing has been received. But knowing that in 2019 you got it much later is a nice level of reassurance for now. 

I'll just have to practice my patience and wait

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, TeaCosy said:

The Worthy View emails are usually sent out 7-10 days or so before (have stayed at WV in 2014/15/16/17 & 19). I think they focus on getting all the festival tickets despatched first.