Cinermageddon

t0paz

Oh well, did think it was a bit good to be true given there's only 70 cars:

We are very sorry to report that we had an issue with our booking system being overloaded on Wednesday, which meant it kept taking bookings on some screenings even when they were already full. 

We are truly sorry to let you know that having gone through the bookings on a first come first served basis, we are not able to fulfil your booking for a car for Who Killed The KLF?. 

As much as the concept and the pics look great, it's probably the least interesting area for me. Wasting two or three hours there when I could be doing anything else the festival has to offer, in a field that could accommodate several hundred more people if there was a stage or a tent or a silent disco, I just don't see the allure.

Paul McCartney live vs a film I could have just watched at home? There's just no contest. 20 quid doesn't even seem steep for booking on a whim and even then, planning a 3hr slot away from the other amazing stuff just boggles my mind.

8 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

As much as the concept and the pics look great, it's probably the least interesting area for me. Wasting two or three hours there when I could be doing anything else the festival has to offer, in a field that could accommodate several hundred more people if there was a stage or a tent or a silent disco, I just don't see the allure.

Paul McCartney live vs a film I could have just watched at home? There's just no contest. 20 quid doesn't even seem steep for booking on a whim and even then, planning a 3hr slot away from the other amazing stuff just boggles my mind.

I met someone who doesn't drink and spends nearly all their time in the theatre and circus fields. Different tastes but they were happy.

4 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

I met someone who doesn't drink and spends nearly all their time in the theatre and circus fields. Different tastes but they were happy.

At least for circus and theatre you can dip in and out at no charge, with a very high turnover of performances, still relatively close to the music if you want to catch anything spontaneously. But you're right, it's personal taste.

15 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

Oh well, did think it was a bit good to be true given there's only 70 cars:

We are very sorry to report that we had an issue with our booking system being overloaded on Wednesday, which meant it kept taking bookings on some screenings even when they were already full. 

We are truly sorry to let you know that having gone through the bookings on a first come first served basis, we are not able to fulfil your booking for a car for Who Killed The KLF?. 

Suspect I’m waiting for something similar coming through. Did they take payment? I’ve emailed them as I didn’t get a confirmation email with reservation number but payment was taken. 

14 minutes ago, hogboy said:

Suspect I’m waiting for something similar coming through. Did they take payment? I’ve emailed them as I didn’t get a confirmation email with reservation number but payment was taken. 

That's a good point actually, I didn't get a confirmation email from them, just my PayPal receipt. 

Has anyone else had a confirmation email yet? 

20 minutes ago, Lesley2337 said:
35 minutes ago, hogboy said:

That's a good point actually, I didn't get a confirmation email from them, just my PayPal receipt. 

Has anyone else had a confirmation email yet? 

Yep, got the confirmation email from them and money taken via paypal. I'd even taken a photo of the reg number in prep for the event!

And yes, if the weather's fine I'll queue for the headphones, but I was mainly doing it as an insurance policy with the weather...and because sitting in one of Joe Rush's cars to watch the KLF would have been a fun experience (and to rest our feet before heading off into the night).